From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated Project System Engineer to join our Mobility tendering team based in our Sydney offices. Siemens Mobility tendering is looking for a candidate aligned to our company values: excellence, innovation and responsibility to lead Technicians and Railway Experts for various Mobility opportunities in Australia and NZ.
The Project System Engineer reports to the relevant bid and project managers. You will be joining a supportive focused team of professionals who thrive on the challenges of tendering for Rail Signalling and Rail automation projects. Particularly for tenders in which the customer is deliberately asking for a European technology approach. With your background in traffic management systems (TMS), preferably in connection with ETCS level 2 and ATO (Automatic Train Operation), and your profound knowledge of adjacent systems such as interlocking, radio block centre, and an insight in the European operational strategies, you will also engage closely with the customer in both a tender phase and in delivery.
• Leading a Team of technicians to develop and submit customer proposal documents assigned to the role. (bids, EOI and Pre-qual or similar).
• Manage the development of the technical solution in respect to the requirements of the customer. This applies to bid projects as well to the delivery phase.
• Challenges the tendering and project team by representing the customer’s system architecture view within the team and continuously improve the system according to the needs of the customer
• Clarify in detail the requirements for interfaces to adjacent subsystems, implement the interfaces in close collaboration with the development centre.
• Share the knowledge on modern traffic management solutions to the bid and project team, and provide and prepare detailed training programs in collaboration with the training centre overseas
• You are a key person and face to the customer in both tendering and delivery phases of traffic management systems projects and will therefore participate on technical workshops and work groups
• Provides expert advice and interpret the technical requirements for compliance with national and international best practices in the rail industry.
• Provides technical expertise for the implementation of operational specifications, policies and procedures.
• Around 5 years’ experience in a role as project system engineer for dispatching and traffic management systems, preferably in an international environment.
• Around 5 years’ experience in leading technical teams in complex project environments within Railway Business,
• Extensive experience in team coaching and education.
• Experience in stakeholder management and dealing with intercultural and international teams
• Be a skilled and confident speaker, have strong facilitation and influencing skills, and able to lead a team without steering from others.
• Must have experience in the delivery of a traffic management system in a European jurisdiction.
• Must be computer literate and have excellent skills in using Microsoft Office packages
• Be a confident contributor and self-reliant negotiator in the relevant customer working groups in a delivery phase.
• Must be ready to travel frequently to Europe and spend extended periods of time working at the European site which supplies the products to be used in Australia.
Additional desirable skills and qualifications are:
• In addition to English, German language highly desirable.
• The candidate has a proven track record of working on projects in different countries.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments
Job ID: 193311
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time