Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Acoustic simulation, piping restrain analysis and forced mechanical response analysis of reciprocating gas compressor as per API 618, small bore connection analysis and recommendation for customer orders meeting corporate objective of on time shipment with effective use of Siemens proprietary and other software in order to have error free, timely output.
- Build mechanical modal of compressor, vessel, piping, scrubber, cooler in ANSYS and design compressor package which is meet API 618 Mechanical natural frequency guideline
- Torsional Vibration analysis, Transient analysis and Lateral analysis of compressor drive system to comply with the API 618, ISO and other industry standard / customer specification.
· Close co-ordination with other functional department, supplier and customer for on time execution of the order.
- Consult Siemens USA / consultants / specialist with questions relating to all technical matters.
- To support proposal development team for technical support during pre-bid stage.
· To support Supply chain Management and Manufacturing in resolving the technical issues.
· Provide engineering back-up for Installation, commissioning, Services, Revamp & Upgrade of existing or new Installations. This includes field vibration & pulsation measurement, structural simulation using finite element methods, vibration induced fatigue and engineering recommendation for equipment reliability.
· Trouble shooting of field issues related to Torsional / Transient event induced vibration by field measurement, analysis and recommending the solution.
· Continual improvement of product, system and procedures with lean tools e.g. RCA / PCA, FMEA, Kaizen, etc for quality, efficiency and cost competitiveness.
· To implement integrated management system for Environment, Safety, Health and Quality and establish QMS & EMS procedure & work instructions and active participation in Total quality process.
· Piping stress analysis as per ASME B31.3
· Basic knowledge of static equipment and ASME Sec VIII Div.1 code
· Good analytical / mathematical skills are required for engineering permutations & calculations
· Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
· Required to travel to site, customer interfacing, which may be in remote place
· Domestic and International travel when & where required
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with min. 2 to 5 years of experience in Rotating equipment industry / Oil & Gas industry with sound knowledge of rotating equipment and system design
- Candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Expertise’s working in MS Office (Project, Excel & PowerPoint), Adobe PDF, SAP and Team Center to facilitate project execution.
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 193320
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time