Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- 3D model development for equipments and systems including piping, piping supports, valves, structures, instrumentation, hook ups. (NX11 / PDMS)
- To prepare engineering specifications of Piping material/ valves for procurement
- Package design on AutoCAD (General arrangement / layout / cable layout etc.)
- Piping design, routing, piping GA & Isometric drawing preparation with MTO
- Development of PID in Comos / AutoCAD
- Development / piping Isometrics, structural design drawing and MTO (Bill of Material)
- Interpretation of simulations studies and implementation of study results (Stress Analysis, Pulsation analysis etc.)
- Basis calculations for pipe, sizing, pressure drops and other ripping related sizes
- Liaise with client / Consultant - for technical matters, drawing approval, 3-D Model review
- Support fabrication and packaging at Siemens shop / site
- Exposure to ERP System i.e. Oracle, SAP etc. will be added advantage
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience
- Knowledge – B31.3 / B 31.3 piping design
- Must know AutoCAD and able to work independently to develop General arrangement Drawing / Piping Plan / piping isometric / Supports etc
- Expertise on 3 D modeling of packages on Inventor / PDMS / PDS is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of consultant’s piping specifications with Valves, industrial piping design & fabrication
- Knowledge & exposure of international standards / code like: ASME / ASTM / API / AWS, relevant to Piping.
- Preparation of - piping components specification for procurement, piping drawings and MTO
- Experience/ Exposure to work with & interpretation of technical specifications of - renowned consultants like: EIL / TEIL / UHDE / LTC / Technip / Shell DEP / ARAMCO / PDO etc
- Basic knowledge of – Rotating equipment compressor/ Pumps & other Mechanical items, engineering calculations, interpretation of engineering drawings
- Reading and Preparation of Package Engineering drawings like P&I Diagram, General Arrangement, Foundation Plan, piping plan and piping isometric drawings.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge of a production planning and schedule-based environment
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 193321
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time