Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Create 3-D models and drawings of components / assemblies for D-R/Siemens Steam Turbines
- Convert old 2-D drawings to 3-D models using NX11
- Should conversant with steam turbine constructional details
- Hands on experience in 3D modeling and drawing for steampath components like bucket, wheel, diaphragm, shaft, rotor assembly
- Follow D-R engineering & drafting standard practices; Provide drawing updation and revision control
- Migrate original Metric revision drawings into NX as per latest drafting practices.
- Handle ad hoc projects as assigned by the Team Leader/Manager
- Handle in confidence the drawings and / or trade secret information of D-R products.
- Support productivity improvement and establish best practices for modeling and drafting activities within stipulated time-period;
- Recording and tracking of engineering hours utilized for various projects;
- Electronic transfer of drawings, documents and data with D-R Global Operations
- Preparing 3D Catalogue with Drawing Illustration and Bill of Materials
- Exposure to Oracle and/or SAP BoM will be added advantage
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience in steam turbine component design, 3D catalog creation for steam turbine or any other rotating equipment’s
- Working knowledge of NX11 & GloBus TC11; Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Hands on experience on Steam Turbine components like Turbine Casings, Rotor, Buckets, Steam Chests, Valves, Bearings will be preferred
- Candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Expertise’s working in MS Office (Project, Excel & PowerPoint), Adobe PDF, SAP and Team Center to facilitate project execution.
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 193322
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time