Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- In NX creates / updates solid model assemblies, machining drawings, and compressor layouts in accordance to project scope.
- Creates / updates / manages engineering item master data and bill of material in support of customer order Engineering.
- Processes ECN’s as required in support of Core Machinery changes for Naroda manufacturing location.
· Knowledge about the Geometrical Dimensioning and tolerance as per ASME Y 14.5 standard.
- Visualize the potential assembly or manufacturing or service issue on the drawing board to modify the design as necessary.
- Analysis & Quick Resolution of Shop or Manufacturing or Field issues and to formulate suitable Corrective Action
- Supports and participates in product design and development for VA/VE Cost-Out initiatives.
- Participates in product design reviews and implementation of design changes.
· Close co-ordination with other functional department of the company & suppliers to meet technical requirements & timely execution of the order
· To consult Siemens USA / managers for technical clarifications & guidance for development & standardization related projects
· To implement integrated management system for Environment, Safety, Health and Quality and establish QMS & EMS procedure & work instructions and active participation in Total quality process.
· To attend shop and field complaints with the help of seniors, define problem, gather the facts, analyze, prepare plan of action & implement. Monitor & evaluate results till complain is resolved.
· Corrective actions, Preventive actions and developing systems & procedures for continual improvement of current designing and drafting practices.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Engineering graduate in Mechanical Engineering
- Technical proficiency in 3D modeling design software – NX11
- Experience in solid modeling and drafting using CAD
- Strong written and verbal communication skills proficient in the English language.
- Strong ability to understand and translate technical information.
- Must be able to demonstrate problem solving skills and possesses ability for innovative thinking.
- Requires strong understanding of mechanical systems and good level of mechanical aptitude.
- Must be a team player and capable of working in a team environment
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes and procedures is necessary.
- Ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 193334
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time