Sr. Engineer / Engineer – Electrical
Location: Naroda, India
Department: GP Oil and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
To develop technical solution against customer requirement and execute integration of system with the help of support functions. This position will be responsible for technical compliance of contract as a single point responsibility. This position possesses good analytical skill, systematic problem-solving skill and should be result oriented for overcoming all internal and external hurdles,
· Coordinates the Engineering disciplines and the cooperation with involved regional Engineering units including their interfaces.
· Performs technical risk management.
· Responsible for designing of all Reciprocating Compressor & auxiliary items related Electrical engineering which includes as listed below :
- Release of all Main motor & Aux. motor specifications.
- Work on Heaters and Local Control stations.
- Should be conversant with updated national / International standards and codes.
- Shall have basic knowledge of Electrical equipment and codes.
- Familiar with SAP activities.
- Various level of power supplies and it’s impact on grid level and selection of equipment.
- Support to pre order team for Main motors quick checks.
· Preparation of documents required for package design such as
§ Power cable sizing
§ Cable schedule
§ Heat Tracing
§ Motor inspection and Test plan and visit at vendor’s work for inspection.
§ Electrical Load List
- Having Sound knowledge on Transformer / VFD / Soft Starter and their interfaces with Main motors
- Single line diagram and MCC Interface
· Liaison with client / consultant for progress of the job and mitigating the issues to move ahead.
- Vendor offer evaluation in line with technical requirement
· Resolve the site /Supplier/Client queries
- Good analytical / mathematical skills are required for engineering permutations & calculations
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Required to travel to site, customer interfacing, which may be in remote place
- Domestic and International travel when & where required
· Extend support for site queries response & site visit
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with min. 3 to 7 years of experience in Rotating equipment industry / Oil & Gas industry with sound knowledge of Electrical system.
- Candidate should possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Expertise’s working in MS Office (Project, Excel & PowerPoint), Adobe PDF, SAP and Team Center to facilitate project execution.
- Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 193345
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand India Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time