Uses company tools and operating protocols to design and develop building automation systems in new and existing facilities. Focuses on providing the most cost-effective solutions to meet project specifications while working in a team and collaborating with other teams.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer and may participate in job site walk- throughs.
- Designs systems for standard facilities which, depending on the system type, valve and damper schedules, fire alarm detection and notification layout, various security system devices, readers, etc., and DDC panel layouts.
- Interprets/designs sequences of operations to identify hardware and logic requirements for systems, modifies sequences as required.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Design material entry for ordering
- Selects proper types and sizes of products.
- Makes recommendations related to productivity improvement and cost reduction to increase customer satisfaction and increase profitability of jobs.
- Follows up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications and schematics meet customer needs.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of sales estimates and job layouts.
- Duties and Task:
- Setup Engineering tool database
- Complete Parts ordering and confirming quoted price
- Request Latest Backup and P2 File
- Setup Schedules for submittal
- Reproduce design duplicate drawings
- Develop RFI’s for Schedule components
- Organizes and maintains job folder and updates pertinent job-related information.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Minimum of Associates Degree in business related technology, e.g., mechanical or electrical design or engineering, or related field/equivalent experience. Bachelors degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of successful experience in engineering/systems with demonstrated competence in principal duties.
- FE, ASHRE certifications are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC, mechanical systems, and business operations required.
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Bluebeam.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate at several levels of the organization.
- Good relationship building skills; ability to interpret customer requirements, identify needs and resolve issues in a positive manner.
- Ability to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities from customers and internal partners to consistently manage time effectively and meet established deadlines.
Job ID: 193447
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.