Siemens Logistics LLC is seeking and experienced Contract Management Professional to join our team. The Contract Management Professional will support Siemens Logistics operations in Canada and the United States by providing a range of contract and claims management functions and general contract-related administrative support. This position requires an individual with at least eight (8) years of contract and claims management experience, as well as an understanding of the various types of contracts and construction licensing topics associated with large-scale manufacturing, infrastructure, industrial automation, material handling, and/or construction projects. Excellent organizational, communicational, and coordination skills are key to this role, as well as the flexibility to adjust and thrive in a dynamic environment with changing requirements, schedules, and priorities for multiple projects and assignments.
This position is based in Irving, Texas and will report to lead counsel for Siemens Logistics LLC. This position will also require frequent travel to Canada (primarily Toronto) for extended periods of time.
Who We Are:
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative and high-performance products and solutions for mail and parcel automation; for airport logistics including baggage and cargo handling; and for the digitalization of logistics processes using high-end software. Comprehensive customer service completes the portfolio. The company is represented worldwide through its regional companies and active in more than 60 countries. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
• Analyze, draft, modify, and negotiate a variety of project-related agreements, including procurement-related agreements, customer sales agreements, purchase orders, change management documentation, non-disclosure agreements, subcontracts, supplier agreements, and other project-related commercial contracts.
• Review and assist with responding to requests for proposals.
•Assist with licensing, permits, and vendor credentialing topics.
• Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate on ongoing basis with business partners and internal clients about contractual issues.
• Generate contractual overviews of obligations and baselines for projects and highlight potential risks, claims and mitigation actions.
• Prepare and manage change orders and associated variations, including providing necessary substantiation as well as commercial assessment of the changes.
• Coordinate with project management teams in the preparation and defence of claims, including defining contractual entitlements and ensuring required levels of substantiation and quantification are provided to achieve the objectives of the claims.
• Ensure the observance of contractual requirements, rights and obligations towards customers, suppliers and other partners during project execution.
• Develop, implement, and regularly review claim strategies with
regards to customers, sub-suppliers and partners in coordination with our
project management teams.
• Contribute to the development and improvement of form agreements and templates to streamline processes and constantly improve efficiencies.
• Collaborate with attorneys to create innovative approaches to contracting requirements, obligations and exposures.
• Interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk exposure.
• Verify compliance with relevant corporate limits of authority protocols and, with assistance from Siemens counsel, summarize risks to achieve contract review and approval.
• Educate business partners on key commercial, legal, corporate policy and other considerations.
• Efficiently implement various corporate policies, initiatives and / or programs.
• Cooperate across departments to achieve optimal contract terms while minimizing risk.
• 8 + years of commercial contract managing experience, preferably with a background in the commercial construction industry.
• BS/BA degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Law degree from an accredited university desired but not required.
• Working knowledge of business and project management practices, relationships among costs of production, marketing, distribution, and procurement and contracting methods.
• Working knowledge of construction/contractor licensing requirements.
• Broad knowledge of contractual and legal concepts involved in commercial construction contracts.
• Broad knowledge of applicable contractual and legal concepts.
• Demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively interact with customers.
• Experience in assisting attorneys and sales management in commercial contracting from the preliminary/conceptual phase, through structuring, due diligence, negotiating, drafting, closing, and conflict resolution.
• Polished and effective negotiation, communication and writing/drafting skills, including those suitable for interaction with very senior managers and executives.
• Proven ability to initiate actions and follow-up actions with minimal supervision.
• Skilled in working collaboratively as a key player on multiple teams simultaneously;
• Proven leadership ability.
• Fluency in French desired but not required.
• Ability and willingness to frequently travel to Canada for
extended periods of time.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job ID: 193470
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.