The AVP, NRL Sales & Operations is a field-based position with the overall responsibility for driving commitment and accountability of the National Reference Lab Sales team sales and operations team to achieve or exceed sales goals. Span of control includes 8 direct reports. The position reports into the DX LD KAE/NRL Sales Vice President. The product categories include Chemistry, Immunochemistry, Automation, Hematology, Hemostasis, Molecular, and Urinalysis.
- In-depth knowledge of the Siemens Healthineers value to the industry, focusing on Lab Diagnostics (LD) and Point-of-Care (POC)
- Ability to develop short-term (3 to 6 months) and long-term (2 to 3 yr) strategic sales plans
- Strong business and financial acumen: ability to manage contracts and solutions as a win-win for both the customer and Siemens
- Healthcare knowledge on trends and influences for our customer base
- Knowledge on how the Siemens story supports customers
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and how to tailor to our customer solutions, solid decision making capabilities
- Strong people management and people development capabilities (Holding people accountable and being a player-coach)
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Ability to be collaborative with Siemens and provide appropriate levels of influencing to ensure our customers come first
- Management of sales activity and tracking of key sales actions (Funnel management, sales processes, coverage on critical accounts, compliance topics, etc.)
- Strong leadership that creates follower-ship and development of succession planning within area of responsibilities
The Siemens Healthineers AVP, NRL Sales will be responsible for ensuring the success of business goals within their area of responsibility. This will be achieved by managing and leading NRL Sales and Operations on strategy, execution of strategy, understanding the customer’s needs and creation of a value-proposition to the customer. The AVP, NRL Sales will work jointly and collaboratively with a number of internal Siemens teams to ensure a positive customer solution/experience. These teams consist of: Service, TAO, KAEs, BusOps, Finance, Marketing, HR and other teams.
The AVP, NRL Sales will be responsible for developing a strong team environment within own team as well as other partners to Siemens Healthineers’ teams – and held accountable toward solution-based approach and balancing the needs of our customers with the financial goals of the company.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Proven track record in a solution-selling environment
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a complex sales environment (Capital equipment, Medical, Devices, etc.)
- Strong people management and people development capabilities with ability to manage and lead change in dynamic environment.
- Proven experience and demonstration of management skills and ability to provide work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
- Must possess a high level of critical thinking skills, advanced sales skills, problem solving skills as well as objection handling skills.
- High degree of business acumen to include standard competencies (financial, market positioning, healthcare industry, and customer)
- Experience with CRM tools and the ability to acclimate to a variety of IT tools
- Solution selling experience is a must
- Education: Minimum of BA/BS degree in medical health sciences (Medical Technology, biology, clinical Chemistry, etc.) or in business or marketing.
Job ID: 193485
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.