Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
As a remote employee in the Magnetic Resonance (MR) Research Collaborations Group, manage the research collaborations with a group of research collaborators in the US.
The Siemens MR R&D team in the US is a multidisciplinary group of highly motivated scientists, engineers, and advanced application specialists based at various locations across the country and working closely with our research partners at Universities and academic hospitals.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team to help maximize the clinical and business impact of our research work. The position will be based at a leading academic institution in Chicago and will report to the MR R&D Applications Sr. Manager. The individual will be responsible for supporting advanced applications in research and help in driving innovative and clinically relevant MR techniques from prototype to a commercially available product. The individual is expected to take a lead in design, implementation, and execution of research projects in MR in collaboration with our academic and clinical partners.
Furthermore, the individual will act as a liaison between Siemens’ research collaborators and Siemens’ internal groups worldwide, including, but not limited to R&D, product definition and development teams, and Marketing.
Strong expertise in clinical applications of MR and its physical principles and understanding of how an MRI scanner works is required. Substantial experience in advanced applications of Siemens MR techniques is expected, as well as knowledge in image post processing and exam workflow. Strong attention to detail, outstanding communications skills, ability to create new and innovative solutions, establish and maintain relationships with a variety of people in different roles / levels and physical locations are critical. An outstanding track record in a applications and educational role is also required.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following areas:
· Develop and manage the research collaboration with your academic partners.
· Define and execute research projects with your academic partners to generate scientific results that are relevant for the academic and industrial partnership.
· Adhere to Siemens’ collaborations policies and take ownership of the processes for collaboration management with your assigned partners.
Research and Development
· Work closely with your academic partners to drive MR research and translate this knowledge into MR products through e.g. WIP testing or protocol development.
· Drive the development of novel, clinically relevant techniques (MR pulse sequences and image reconstruction) with our research partners.
· Support in the evaluation of prototypes, and publishing of results in peer-reviewed journals.
· Educate R&D and Applications colleagues on clinical research issues.
· Product integration of innovative techniques according to quality standards for medical devices.
· Implementation of improvements of currently existing product features.
· Support maintenance and improvements of existing code base, bug fixing, testing.
· Contribute to product protocol development for novel features.
Sales and Marketing Support
· Provide content for articles for Siemens publications such as MAGNETOM Flash together with internal and external collaborators.
· Support educational meetings, tradeshows, and site visits.
· Answer questions from Sales and Marketing related to areas of the team’s responsibility.
· Demonstrate strong knowledge of organization's business practices, issues faced, and contribute to problem resolution of those issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· B.S in physics or related field with ARRT licensure in MR.
· Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
· Strong MR physics background.
· Expertise in MR imaging techniques and clinical applications
· Expert knowledge of Cardiac MR
· Experience in working with internal and external partners.
· Outstanding writing, presentation, and communication skills.
· Excellent teaching skills and a proactive can-do attitude.
· Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
· Ability to multi-task and follow through.
· Detail-oriented and organized.
· Skilled in MS office software applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
· Ability to travel up to 60%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Expertise in image acquisition and protocol development on Siemens MR platforms.
· Prior experience working on Siemens’ MR systems in advanced applications capacity is highly desired.
· Strong background in Cardiac MR
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 193492
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.