Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this position leads and manages the monthly financial reporting function for the Company, including all GAAP Financial Statements and fluctuation analysis, leads all revenue contract technical research and analysis by working with the Sales and Operations functions, and serves as a primary contact point for the internal/external auditors. This role conducts accounting research for various areas and contributes to implementation and adherence to accounting policy set by management. The role will be heavily involved with implementing and monitoring Sarbanes-Oxley processes and internal control certification requirements, as well as, assisting in all aspects of the monthly accounting close.
- Leads the monthly financial reporting function, including managing the financial reporting software, coordinating with various personnel from the business, as well as manages the internal and external review of these documents
- Prepares documentation for Corindus’s monthly financial statements and analysis, and reviewing internal communications
- Engages with various Functional Leaders as a Finance Business Partner including providing insight and collaborating on the monthly forecasting cycles and Annual Operating Plan
- Reviews and monitors all revenue contracts including capital and consumables for appropriate revenue recognition, prepares monthly journal entries and detailed analyses on results
- Engages with the Sales and Operations department to understand contract terms and conditions and researches and documents technical accounting treatment as necessary
- Monitors and ensures timely identification of and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide GAAP interpretation and documentation of issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Researches and documents accounting and financial reporting requirements using all available tools, recommending accounting treatment for complex transactions based on such research
Internal & External Audit:
- Manages communications with internal/external auditors on monthly financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor alignment
- Assists in the coordination and support of all audit and quarterly review activity with internal/external auditors
- Assists with implementation and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control certification requirements, in coordination with Internal Audit
- Prepare various balance sheet reconciliations while assisting the Corporate Accounting Manager
- Prepare and assist with various other accounting areas including inventory, leases, taxes, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Public accounting experience preferred (combination of public accounting and private industry experience a plus)
- MSA and CPA certification preferred
- 5-7 years of accounting experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey ideas on complex issues, to make formal and informal presentations to management, and communicate effectively with inside and outside parties
- Proficient in using ERP systems (Epicor, SAP preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work independently and meet required deadlines
- High attention to detail while also being able to view ‘big picture’
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to handle many priorities simultaneously
- Extremely collaborative with strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of IFRS Accounting Standards
- Experience in the area of revenue recognition, M&A accounting and system integration.
- CPA or equivalent such as Chartered Accountancy (CA)
Job ID: 193498
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.