At Siemens we are developing clean energy across the world. Join us as a Senior Key Expert in Electrical Drive Systems within Oil & Gas business at Siemens. The successful candidate will be responsible for the selection, design, development, testing and integration of electrical equipment within the rotating equipment solutions that are developed for the market. The person will also develop, review and maintain the internal technical standards related to these components.
The Senior Key Expert in Electrical Drive Systems will be part of the newly created Life Cycle Engineering team within the Global Operations Organization of Siemens Oil &Gas. The team is an order-independent Engineering Organization that will implement modular systems, having common functional design and value chains, that will be adopted and adapted into the various rotating machinery product platforms that are offered by Siemens Oil and Gas.
What part will you play?
- Overall responsibility for the design, quality, technical content and integrity for the electrical engineering scope.
- Takes ownership of the project electrical scope which includes electrical one-lines, e-house design, motors, transformers, switchgear and other electrical bulks.
- Interprets and verifies industry standards, guidelines and codes for project deliverables.
- Guides, supports and participates in design reviews related to the electrical scope.
- Reviews the project requirements and client documentation and supports the PE with the development of the electrical scope of supply that is required for the project.
- Supports the development of requests for proposals (RFQs) for electrical scope of supply (VFDs, electric motors, generators, HV and LV switchgears, transformers, etc.) and reviews the proposals received from the suppliers to ensure alignment with requirements.
- Supports PE and SCM teams with technical and commercial bid evaluations and vendor drawing review.
- Evaluates requests for deviations or exemptions to the established specifications and project standards.
- Supports and reviews the generation of compressor start-up curves and ensures that proposals from suppliers, and available client infrastructure and utilities can meet the requirements to ensure successful startup under the specified conditions.
- Provides leadership in addressing electrical design issues with considerations of cost, schedule, and quality.
- Transfers technical knowledge to PE and engineering support staff.
- Implements effective risk management and applies health, safety and environmental policies
PE a Proposal Engineer (New Equipment Sales Organization)
SCM a Supply Chain Management Organization
What skills do you need to make real what matters?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related field.
- 8 to 10 years of engineering experience with an OEM of electrical equipment, and/or End-User and/or an EPC in the function of electrical engineer in the Oil and Gas or petrochemical segment.
- Strong understanding of the application and operation of electric motors, generators and supporting equipment (VFDs, Switchgears and transformers) in the Oil and Gas or petrochemical segment, following relevant international standards.
- Knowledgeable in the application of electrical equipment for hazardous areas and relevant explosion protection methods for the global market according to industry standards.
- Knowledgeable in hazardous area application of Class 1 Division and Zone schemes.
- Skilled in the application of relevant major design codes and standards (API, IEC, UL, ATEX, NEC, NEMA MG, etc.) as related to electrical equipment.
- Ability to perform economic evaluations of equipment alternatives with emphasis on availability and reliability projections and life cycle costs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, supported by inter-personal skills that support working at a senior level.
- Ability to work with others as a member of a global, multicultural team.
- Ability to understand client specifications and requirements and to properly establish flow-down of customer requirements to the project.
- Ability to drive the global project teams and sub suppliers so that they can deliver key project milestones, documents and successfully complete design reviews.
- Understanding of pricing, costing and ability to lead the development of commercial and technical bids for electrical equipment.
- Fluent English is a must (at least C1 level)
- Ability to travel as required (up to 20% international travels).
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies, products and services in the energy sector;
- Variety of projects and clients;
- Work in an experienced, international team of professionals; opportunity to collaborate with cross-region teams.
- Space to fulfill your ambitions and develop your skills.
- Great work atmosphere and an organizational culture based on trust, responsibility and respect
- Wide choice of benefits: a selection of benefits available in the online system (including, among others, Multisport card, cinema / theater/concert tickets, shop vouchers etc.), private medical care packages, life insurance, holiday subsidy, lunch card, additional paid days off (paid), vouchers for Christmas.
How to join us?
If you are interested in this position, please apply online.
Job ID: 193500
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time