The Project Engineering Supervisor is responsible for organization, scheduling, and productivity of the Project Engineering Team assigned to them in the development of, and modification to, custom Low & Medium Voltage Switchgear Control & Distribution Systems.
Candidate must be willing to travel to our Hingham, MA location for the first 3-6 months for Shadowing/job training.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Broken Arrow plant is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Supervise and lead a Team of Project Engineers, Electrical Designers, and CAD Operators in the production of Custom Switchgear Products in accordance with company policies and applicable industry standards. This includes but is not limited to interviewing, hiring, training, assigning/scheduling and directing work, employee performance appraisals, addressing employee complaints and resolving problems.
• Review Sales Order Entry Packages (Specifications, Drawings, Bill of Materials, etc.) for accuracy and assign to Team.
• Provide an estimated completion schedule for every project and assignment for the Team.
• Work with other Team Leaders to handle the dynamic scheduling needs of the department and improving department standards.
• Work with other departments (Electrical, Mechanical, Programming, Purchasing, etc.) to improve Company procedural standards.
• Provide ongoing support to the Test and Field Service Departments.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of employees and management.
• Participate in Pre-Submittal and Submittal Review Meetings as required to obtain Project releases, as needed.
• Some travel will be required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
1. Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (or Applicable field) or equivalent combination of formal education, training and experience with advanced degree or Professional Engineer License desirable.
2. Minimum of ten years’ experience in the design of electrical power control circuits with a strong understanding of diesel generator control and switchgear system operation.
3. Knowledge of PLC based and relay control logic, electrical metering, protective relaying, and SCADA systems.
4. Ability to interpret schematics, wiring prints, point lists, and other documentation.
5. Experience with Windows, Word, AutoCad, and Promis∙e software.
6. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to thrive in a diverse environment with minimal supervision.
9. Ability to travel as needed in the beginning for ramp up and afterwards 20% travel.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Job ID: 193501
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Russelectric Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.