Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas & Power Division as a Workshop Technician and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
We are currently looking to add a Workshop Technician to our Engineering team based in Aberdeen. You will be responsible for the repair and work on customers rotating machinery and equipment within the Aberdeen Service Centre.
Areas of responsibility:
- Inspect, disassemble, repair and reassemble precision and engineered rotating equipment as per OEM quality standards.
- Follow all company safety requirements and recommendations.
- Capable of disassembling and reassembling rotating equipment as per OEM standards.
- Able to inspect Turbo Compressor rotating equipment and identify any anomalies or non-conformances.
- Able to produce reports that are returned to the project manager. These reports include inspection findings, recommendations, parts required for rebuild and dimensional recordings.
- Able to fit new, repaired and accepted parts together to complete equipment rebuilds.
- Capable of following procedures and qualified on associated equipment.
- Able to communicate and work within a team environment as well as individually.
- Capable of solving assembly and rebuild problems.
- Capable of working with own initiative as and when no guidance is given and required to do so.
- Capable of communicating at all levels of organisations.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Qualified knowledge of OEM procedures and equipment, able to work unsupervised on Turbo Compressor rotating equipment.
- Capable of reading manuals.
- Capable of understanding service instructions and bulletins.
- Good knowledge of site health and safety procedures.
- Capable of reading PNID’s, check sheets and schematics.
- Expansive knowledge of all types of measuring tools (e.g. micrometres, callipers etc.).
- Technical aptitude and comprehensive knowledge of rotating equipment, hand tools and engineering.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens Energy. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, over-matching pension contributions, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 193571
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time