Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence, they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Product Labeling Technical Writer Intern.
The intern in this position will learn about regulatory requirements that impact operator assistance for laboratory diagnostics products and the full lifecycle of developing customer-facing product labeling deliverables.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Product Labeling
Technical Writer Intern, you will be responsible for:
- Participate in daily stand-up and scrum meetings with the product labeling team.
- Assist in developing and reviewing operator help content and software release notes.
- Assist in evaluating improvements to how operator help is displayed on the system or in standalone instructions for use.
- Assist writers and project managers with content management and production tasks associated with product labeling deliverables.
- Interface with translation vendors.
- Implement content design changes related to regulatory requirements.
- Work with cross-functional project teams to develop help content for laboratory diagnostics system operators around the world.
- Work in an agile development environment using scrum methodology.
- Understand the regulatory requirements that impact operator assistance for laboratory diagnostic products.
- Understand the full lifecycle for laboratory diagnostics operator help content and other customer-facing deliverables
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s program (rising juniors/seniors)
- Majors: English (Technical Writing experience preferred), Engineering, or Life Sciences (Biology/Chemistry)
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Must be local to the Tarrytown, NY area
Start Date: Summer 2020
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals
Job ID: 193618
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.