Location: Slidell, LA - 1st shift
The Biomedical Laboratory Equipment Technician installs, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, calibrates, and verifies the performance of waived, moderately complex and highly complex medical equipment and systems, independent of technical supervision. The individual should be competent in the functionality and use of all applicable test equipment and tools required in the performance of duties.
- Perform performance assurance inspections, planned maintenance, electrical safety inspections, and operation verification procedures on waived, moderately complex and highly complex pathology and biomedical equipment and systems
- Repair, install, and calibrate waived, moderately complex and highly complex pathology and biomedical equipment and systems
- Inform supervisors of the status of repairs, scheduled inspections, unusual equipment situations, and any customer concerns
- Work with, direct, and document the activities of subcontractors, vendors, and outside service technicians to ensure proper service delivery
- Maintain biomedical expertise through ongoing training and education
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the equipment database to include the inventory, planned maintenance schedules, nomenclature, and service history
- Adhere to the Medical Equipment Management Plan (MEMP), including all regulatory agency compliances and other applicable policies and procedures to include CLIA, JCAHO and other Pathology Accrediting Agencies
- Adhere to general Radiation Safety Guidelines, Hazardous Communications and Exposure Control Plans
- Responsible for ensuring all service and documentation is complete, timely, and accurate
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Discuss equipment status and functionality with clinicians
- Perform periodic inspections of current inventory status
- Performs Incoming Inspections to maintain a complete and accurate inventory of medical devices, including trial and evaluation, rental, and loaner equipment in addition to permanently assigned equipment inventory to include reconciliation
- “on-call” duty as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree in a technical/electronics field or equivalent military training required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology preferred
- Technical Certification (CBET) preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with biomedical equipment in a clinical engineering environment
- Valid driver’s license required
- Complex computer skills required, including the ability to administrate a system, interpret error codes, defragment hard-drives, replace power supplies, interpret computer codes, and apply networking concepts
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
Strong written, verbal, and presentational communication skills
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.