Siemens Mobility are recruiting for an Engineering Change Manager for our Rolling Stock Business. Based out of our Northampton site, this person will be responsible for managing the engineering change control process for all activities within the Mobility Rolling Stock Business.
Engineering changes are proposed (by Siemens or other parties) to enhance rolling stock design and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of its maintenance. All changes are approved by our customers (train operators and owners) and to a process which meets regulatory standards.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Manage the Engineering Change process compliant with the established internal and external review process.
- Provide and manage progress KPIs to ensure all proposals progress efficiently through the process
- Work closely with other staff involved in the preparation of proposals and their review, approval and implementation. In particular, liaising with Siemens engineering staff and external customers to facilitate successful and timely approvals.
- Identify and implement proposals to improve process efficiency and reduce throughput time.
- Manage the subsequent publishing of maintenance manual revisions
- Using IT business systems ensure that engineering changes and their constituent documents are properly recorded and can be accessed for subsequent reference.
- Release approved changes for implementation, ensuring those involved have the information necessary
- Develop a relationship with external customer representatives that provides a stable foundation for future business opportunities.
What Qualification and Experience do I need?
- Previous experience of rolling stock design, its maintenance, and associated documentation management and publishing systems
- Proven and effective organisational and management skills; ability to lead others in the administration of the process
- Good communication skills written & oral, ability to work with engineering staff to deliver the engineering change process
- Microsoft Office applications competence and ability to use other IT systems effectively.
- Should be qualified as a minimum to HNC or equivalent standard
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse information effectively and take effective actions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiar with UK rail industry safety management standards and documentation management good practice.
- German language skill beneficial
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 193650
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time