Marine Lead Drive Engineer
Siemens is in search of a Senior Engineer experienced in creating integrated power and energy propulsion solutions for the Commercial and Navy marine industry.
The engineer who takes this position will create, implement, and commission solutions using Siemens power, drives, motors, and industry technology portfolio to satisfy industrial customer requirements. Our integrated solutions combine PLC control with industrial power and drive systems to provide higher level control and coordination. The engineer will be supported by leading global standards, products, and technical experts and an experienced local project team. Our team of experts, proposal managers, business development managers, project managers, and field service personnel routinely collaborate to successfully execute projects and address customer needs.
A successful engineer will be able to take a project from the proposal phase through commissioning, addressing customer concerns about design, performance, installation, commissioning, and maintenance across the whole distribution and drive train. As with any power system both electrical (power quality, dynamic controller performance, etc.) and mechanical (cooling, gearboxes/couplings, etc.) areas are of high priority. Depending on the project the engineer could be closely collaborating with drive and automation engineers to execute an integrated scope or working independently on a drivetrain focused project. When in the field, the engineer will be expected to commission and troubleshoot power systems and/or supervise this work onsite. As a technical expert at Siemens the engineer will be counted on to resolve challenging technical problems and represent Siemens to the customer.
- Execute customized drive system solutions independently using local and global design standards, industry standards and engineering best practices.
- Develop new solutions and standardize them for use across our Engineering team.
- Stay up to date on the latest industrial solutions and new product developments within Siemens to maintain top-notch skills and knowledge.
- Stay up to date on MIL-STD and other class approval society standards (such as ABS and DNV).
- Provide engineering support for Proposal, Sales, PM, Manufacturing, Field Service and Quality Assurance groups from sales through execution, commissioning, and service.
- Interface directly to project customers to answer questions, resolve comments, and present Siemens solutions.
- Review and approve project-specific documentation (system and functional descriptions, test and commissioning procedures, etc.).
- Collaborate with CAD specialists and design engineers to prepare project-specific drawing packages.
- Technically approve internal and external subcontractor products and solutions to ensure industry and customer requirements are satisfied.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working as an engineer.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Untied States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
- Knowledge of integrated power and electric propulsion system design.
- Knowledge of marine industry approval society standards and requirements.
- Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Experience.
- 3+ years Marine Industry experience with automation systems, power systems and electric machines.
- Strong organization and excellent time management.
- Strong verbal and written English communication.
- Competent in the use of electrical engineering software
- PLC/HMI programming and configuration experience.
- Knowledge of SINAMICS drives and S7 PLCs a plus.
- Field service or Commissioning background a plus.
Must currently have or qualify and be willing to obtain a Secret Service Clearance.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 193677
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.