The Energy Automation Protection & Control Solution Sales Executive will establish and lead the sales initiatives to grow new and existing clients for integrated Protection and Control (P&C) systems. The customer base is large industrial, infrastructure and utility sector clients as specified in your Territory Agreement. This role is responsible for meeting the target agreement on a quarterly basis across the P&C portfolio of solutions and services.
The following responsibilities and skills describe the requirements for this position:
· Organize and lead virtual teams across Energy Automation product lines to create and close customer opportunities for complex P&C system solutions
· Develop and execute your strategic plan of operations for bookings and present the sales pipeline and forecast to executive management
· Drive activities to identify and pursue new business opportunities utilizing Siemens solutions and experience in the industrial, infrastructure and utility verticals with focus on the target markets and customers
· Participate in account planning activities with Siemens Sales channels and Business Development Managers to ensure the best technical solution strategies for growth are established and implemented through value proposition development
Establish and maintain a positive business relationship
with customers to become a trusted Siemens technical advisor
· Support Product Life-Cycle Management process (PLM) in creating technical requirement documentation based on global and local market needs for development or adaptation of future products, solutions, and systems
· Represent Siemens Protection & Control Systems in various technical committees and organizations to influence industry standards and policies
· Provide technical guidance and training to Siemens Sales channels and Business Development Managers for establishing standards and develop associated recommendations for ongoing business growth
The candidate shall have:
· BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years of previous experience in the sales of different P&C systems as well as direct working knowledge regarding implementation of these solutions
· Strong technical knowledge of Transmission and Distribution equipment
· Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecast, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota in a complex sales environment
· Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, sense of accountability, and have the ability to work through others is required
· Demonstrated experience with diverse sales channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes – P&C solution sales in large matrix organizations
· Demonstrated strong communication skills (both verbal and written). This will include experience with executive presentations
· Motivational and creative in the development of solutions for unique customer opportunities
· Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time
* The Sales Executive can live anywhere within the Western region. You do not have to reside in the city listed.
Job ID: 193683
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.