Project Manager – Distributed Control Systems
This Project Manager position in Siemens Instrumentation Control and Electrical Division is responsible for directing multi-functional teams. These complex projects include design, manufacturing, installation, and commissioning of Distributed Control and Excitation Systems for power plants. Our customers include power generation facilities in North America and Latin America.
We seek a Project Management candidate with a consistent track record of leading complex projects. The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Project Execution and will have responsibility for the profit/loss, schedule performance, and customer satisfaction of the projects assigned.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and complete projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes directing engineering resources in a matrixed organization and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects on schedule and on budget!
- Define and track scope, goals, schedule, budgets, risks and deliverables
- Develop full-scale schedules and associated planning documents for projects
- Delegate tasks, and effectively communicate and lead project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Where required, negotiate with other project managers for scheduling of shared resources within the organization
- Identify and problem solve/conflicts within the project team, as well as technical issues
- Develop and deliver progress reports to internal/external stakeholders
- Assist with proposals. Generate change order requests. Upsell products and solutions.
- Proactively mitigate risks and opportunities, and devise contingency plans
- Coach, motivate and supervise project associates and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Select and procure the services of Electrical Contractors, and lead their installation of Distributed Control Systems and/or Generator Excitation Systems.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent. Or Associates degree with 8 years of experience
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience with ideally 3 to 5 years of successful Project Management experience with complex Power Plant control/electrical systems or power plant system integration projects
- Ability to lead numerous projects simultaneously
- Advanced scheduling skills using MS Project
- Strong leadership, technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate their presentation skills
- Travel required: 25%
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Prefer PM@Siemens Certified or PMI Certification prior to January 1, 2017
- Experience with DCS (T3000, PCS7)
- Experience with SFC/SEE (Thyripol, WDR, RG3)
- Technical/Commercial knowledge of Combined Cycle Power Plants (CCPP)
- Electric utility experience is highly desirable
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus, but not required
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 193686
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.