Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc., a Siemens Healthineers Company, is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® System is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to percutaneous coronary and vascular procedures. With the CorPath System, Corindus Vascular Robotics brings robotic precision to interventional procedures to help optimize clinical outcomes and minimize the costs associated with complications of improper stent placement with manual procedures.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be part of the development team, responsible for the successful design and development of the next generation product. You will develop the user interface system of the next generation robotic platform that will change the future of healthcare. You will be a strong technical resource, having responsibilities in wide range of product development lifecycle, such as ideation, design, analysis, prototyping, documentation, verification, validation, and manufacturing transfer. You have a strong working knowledge of mechanical engineering design principles of user centric equipment, human factors, and industrial design. You have demonstrated experience in design of integrated electronics, and packaging. You must be highly proficient with current development tools, practices and processes and must be experienced in subsystem integration. This is a collaborative opportunity where the individual works with product management, clinicians, human factors engineers, industrial designers, and other engineering disciplines. Ideal candidates have designed and implemented hand-held input systems/control consoles for medical robotic systems including verification and validation.
- Responsible for design, and development of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical sub-systems for user centric input systems/control consoles.
- Assists in defining design inputs, translating them into design elements, creating specifications, authoring testing protocols, conduct and/or oversee testing, and issue resolution.
- Implements best practices in design methodologies, development processes and tools.
- Participates in design and implementation of formative and summative human factors engineering evaluation and testing.
- Project management responsibilities which may include vendor and supplier management, developing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- BSc. degree in Mechanical Engineering required, MSc. preferred
- Proficiency with SolidWorks including surface modeling required
- 5-7 yrs experience (for MSc. and BSc., respectively) in the product development role required, medical device experience highly preferred
- Experience with the design and realization of user centric devices required
- Experience integrating industrial design and human factors in design preferred
- Proficiency in integrating and packaging electronics preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience managing external resources preferred
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required.
Job ID: 193706
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.