Commercial Manager – London (Stratford)
Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the centre of everything it does? Come and join a company that is ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top 30 places to work in the UK! Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock.
We are looking for a Commercial Manager to join our growing team for our Eurostar Project within our Customer Services Rolling Stock business. This role is responsible for a portfolio of maintenance projects directing the commercial functions across various sites in the north of England. This exciting and challenging position is based in Stratford, London with some element of travel required.
What are my responsibilities:
- Management and responsibility for commercial activity and performance of the projects
- Collaboration with external customers to fulfil commercial strategy for the fleet
- Ensures that all relevant commercial aspects are considered in all entrepreneurial decisions
- Work in close conjunction with project managers, procurement, finance, sales and engineering to achieve targets
- Leads and executes the performance controlling, taking responsibility for accurate accounting & reporting in compliance with relevant guidelines, as well as Month End Closing Activities.
- Drives best results in growth, profit, FCF by effective performance of financial resources, excellent leadership and people development.
- Guarantees clear and up to date commercial information as basis for strategic and operational actions and decisions.
- Preparation of offers/negotiations of variations in close collaboration with sales department
- Ensures robust reporting, forecasting and budget processes are in place
- Establishment and maintenance of appropriate commercial controls to deliver the project objectives
- Develop an inspiring performance based culture with strong employee engagement using the Siemens People Management policies and tools (PMP objective setting, appraisal and development plan, Succession planning, Recognition schemes etc.)
- Line management responsibility for project accountant(s) and finance assistant(s)
- Leads proactive Risk, Opportunity and NCC-Management.
- Implement and execute robust contract & claim management
- Continuously looks for improvements to processes, systems and tools via robotics or optimization.
- Ensures continuous Inventory optimization to meet business needs.
- Fully participate and engage in Customer Service’s behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely
What skills do you need to apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent
- Experience in commercial management, particularly customer-facing roles
- Experience in managing P&L and Balance Sheets
- Ability to assess commercial/contract information and analyse possible courses of action
- Excellent commercial, oral, and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills and adjust communication
- The ability to understand and articulate information to multiple stakeholders is required in a fast paced and often dynamic work environment
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment is required.
- Required amount of travel: 25%
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Join us and be a Future Maker!
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here, and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 193818
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time