The future of the UK’s Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
We are looking to expand our New Product Development Team and therefore a new role for a Subsea Design Engineer has come about. We are a small team of 4, designing and analysing new Subsea connectors which will then go into production at manufacturing site.
Its critical that our employees enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in that we have a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring. Why not click on this link to see what we do here at Ulverston - https://www.youtube.co/watch?v=UvwZYJZAm2A
Our office is Ulverston is located in South Cumbria on the edge of the beautiful Lake District National Park. The location is ideal for people with a love of outdoor pursuits, with excellent road and rail links to the rest of the UK.
Change the future with us
- As our new Subsea Design Engineer you will be designing new Subsea connectors. This will cover; conceptual and detail design, analysis, qualification and production support
- Make technical decisions within a package or scope of work
- Engage in all technical activities
- Ensure all technical tasks are performed in compliance with the departmental processes for technical scope control, quality and health & safety
- Produce CAD generated assembly and scope of supply drawings
- Define and compile procedures for qualification testing, production assembly, production FAT Testing and site installation and the associated technical data sheets and reports
- Provide support in technical meetings at client or supplier facilities
- Engage in process and continual improvement initiatives
Use your skills to move the world forward
- We are looking for people who have experience or an HNC/ HND / Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic engineering
- An experienced individual who has great product design skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spin off). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/gas-power.html
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time