Siemens Mobility Customer Service Business Unit is seeking a Performance Controller to be an integral member of this highly visible, dynamic and hard-working team. The qualified candidate will possess a BS/BA in Finance or related discipline and have 5+ years previous experience in Financial Reporting & Analysis, Budget Planning and Ad-hoc Analysis ideally in a Multinational Corporate Controlling environment. You will have primary responsibility of the position is to provide a transparent and all-encompassing controlling within the Business Unit, ensuring all processes like Forecast, Budgeting, Month End Closing, and Performance Review are managed neatly, KPIs are controlled in large detail and processes are optimized to suit the business needs.
• As Performance Controller you will be responsible for the Planning Process at BU level, including the monthly forecast process as well as annual budget process. You will ensure process and content alignment with Headquarter in Germany and the Country Management.
• The Month End Closing activities for the BU will be one of the key responsibility ensuring our books and records are auditable and IFRG conform.
• You will closely control all relevant business KPIs, including but not limited to volume development, SG&A, Headcount, FCF, etc. and ensure the achievement of targets within each. Where deviations are found you will take corrective actions with the team to bring the development back in line. You will have a thorough understanding of each KPI and deviations of such
• The regular profitability-, trend- and variance-analysis on BU level will allow you to make suggestions and advise management
• The monthly performance reviews with the segments will be prepared by yourself indicating focus topics for each discussion and adapting the content of reviews to the business needs
• You will be responsible for managing programs or initiatives with the support of a cross-functional team
• You will coordinate yearly RIC assessment with the support of business segment leads
• You will support the BU Management with Ad-Hoc analyses proving high quality in limited available time as well as with presentations internally as well as externally
• The close interaction with all BU functions to achieve the set goals will be one key driver of this function
• The constant optimization of processes and status quo is one integral part of this role where you will actively strive to improve
• You will work closely with the extended finance community and continuously enhance and improve reporting process and standard reports to achieve highest data quality and meet any given deadline
• You will support the transformation into a digital controlling environment by implementing modern front end tools, training the employees and promoting digitalization projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a closely related field
• 6+ years of Accounting and financial audit experience
• Advanced knowledge of FI/CO transactions and procedures in SAP ERP and Hyperion
• Highly developed analytical skills and detail-oriented work style
• Advanced knowledge of financial analysis and documentation methods to consolidate and validate large quantity of information and complex business issues
• Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Proven work experience under pressure
• Demonstrably creative; comes up with new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
• Ability to gather, structure, consolidate and analyze large amounts of financial information and develop an overarching divisional view, also in graphical format, that describes the key message for Management’s use
• Team oriented; gets along well with others; strong sense of emotional awareness; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
• Self-motivated; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; consistently pushes self and others for results
• Highly proficient in MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
• Proven capability of driving standardization of financial processes and continuous process and performance improvement
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience working in the rail industry