Are you ready to be part of a team of highly motivated and talented building technology engineers, creating products and applications that will help to efficiently operate buildings, reduce energy consumption and provide information to proactively service building equipment?
As a Software Developer at Siemens Smart Infrastructure, you will collaborate across interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop building automation software solutions for the commercial HVAC market. Working within our embedded software development team, you will have the opportunity to learn and apply your skills in a fast, growing field.
- Design, implement, test, troubleshoot, and enhance software applications for building automation components and sub-systems through collaboration with senior engineers.
- Develop and run automated tests for verifying sub-system application functionality.
- Create and review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
- Collaborate with Sr Engineers to understand market requirements to implement product designs.
- Review and understand software methodologies for product design and model documentation.
- Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
- Comply with documented Siemens development processes.
- Participate in design alternatives via prototyping, peer programming and expert reviews.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with and investigate technology trends.
- Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4-7 years of experience preferable.
- Solid knowledge in at least one major programming language and computing platform (e.g. C#/.NET, C++, Java/J2EE, Go).
- Practitioner of state of the art development practices for software documentation and test-driven designs.
- Strong focus to deliver quality in every work aspect, utilizing tools to monitor, analyze and enhance software code base.
- Hands-on experience with source code control and application lifecycle management systems (e.g. IBM Jazz RTC, Git).
- Proven experience applying and thorough understanding of software design patterns and principles.
- Practical experience with software design languages, models, and diagrams (e.g. UML).
- Good understanding of agile development approaches (e.g. Scrum, SAFe, XP)
- Works well in teams and on individual assignments.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Strong oral and written communication
Job ID: 193970
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.