The Field Engineer travels to customer sites and support our customers with their installation, maintenance, and warranty work with industrial power generation rotating equipment, primarily Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines and Generators.
In order to provide direction to others, this position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical technical documentation.
The Field Engineer implements and executing the work under safety and environmental policies, behaving as an example for others and provide full and active commitment in the deployment of the EHS Policies and any additional project-specific written statement or procedure.
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and upgrades after installation
- Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
- Perform administrative functions such as: writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Signs off on all changes implemented.
- Drive customer satisfaction through commitment to quality.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within Siemens safety standards
- Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Ensure all parts needed for the job are shipped to the site
- Perform walk-downs during jobs implementation to ensure that the customer’s contractors are working properly.
- Perform aftermarket upgrades that need to be performed at the site level.
- Perform other duties as assigned
· Education and/or Experience: BS degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent working experience in the major field being associated with turbo-machinery and rotating equipment.
· Language Skills: Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as industry reports and technical journals. Ability to write technical reports and correspondence including customer reports in English, Portuguese (Spanish is a Plus)
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to customers, clients, vendors and other employees of the organization.
· Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform necessary calculations to satisfy job requirements.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to make judgment decisions based on specifications or technical requirements.
· Computer Skills: Advanced personal computer skills including graphics (Pro/ENGINEER, AutoCAD), MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access), scheduling software, etc.
· Technical/University degree and qualifying experience.
· Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a field services or power generation equipment maintenance position is desired.
· Ability to provide direction to others, position requires technical competence in reading and interpreting electrical/mechanical technical documentation.
· Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
· Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
Diverse teams are better teams! If everyone thinks the same way, innovation cannot be reached. We seek talents from different backgrounds, genders, ages, races, sexual orientation and people with disabilities. At Siemens, the opportunities are for all.
Join our team and come make the future with us!
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltda.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time