Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain qualifications whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for an engineering pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground-breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Subsea is an award-winning facility based in Ulverston and is responsible for developing, designing, and manufacturing Subsea Connectors for the global Oil & Gas Industry. The factory is undertaking an ambitious digital transformation to help increase competitiveness and productivity to deliver more innovative products and services to our customers. Our subsea connectors support companies to maximise performance in a sustainable and efficient way that will reduce environmental impact.
We are recruiting people to join our Business Administration apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 3-year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Business Administrator Standard.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1 - 3 College/Training will be on a day release basis where you will study towards the Level 3 Business Administrator Certificate. The rotational element of the apprenticeship will take you through a variety of the Administration departments of the business, to gain all the specific skills and knowledge that our business needs.
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Helping maintain our customer relationships, working and liaising with them in choosing our Subsea Connectors and associated products, to help increase revenue and maintain our key position and high standards within our industry globally.
- Dealing directly with our suppliers, maintaining our strong relationships with them and ensuring a consistent supply of quality parts and products.
- Planning and scheduling capacity through our workshops to ensure on time delivery of customers’ orders.
- Helping to further enhance our all-important internal relationships between departments and colleagues.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum educational requirements:
A minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grade 4 or above (English, Maths, Science + 1 other). If you do not yet have your GCSE results please enter predicted grades on the application form.
The benefits of a business administration apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning whilst earning a salary at the same time, as well as being included in our annual bonus scheme!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to pension, private medical care, discounted cinema tickets, gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Business Administration within an Engineering business. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job ID: 194131
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time