Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to college for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain qualifications whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
Siemens Subsea is an award-winning facility based in Ulverston and is responsible for developing, designing and manufacturing Subsea Connectors for the global oil & gas industry. The factory is undertaking an ambitious digital transformation to help increase competitiveness and productivity to deliver more innovative products and services to our customers. Our subsea connectors support companies to maximise performance in a sustainable and efficient way that will reduce environmental impact.
We are recruiting candidates join our IT/Business Systems apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in IT & Digital Technology.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 3 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Software Development Technician Standard.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1 - 3: College/Training will be on a day release basis where you will study towards the Level 3 Software Development Technician certificate. Whilst in work, the rotational element of the apprenticeship will take you through a variety of the Business System support departments of the business, to gain all the specific skills and knowledge that you and our business needs
Here is what you can make a difference in:
- Help to lead digitilisation topics in industrial product design and development, including real time low level embedded software, micro controllers, operating systems and processors.
- Application and mobile platform development.
- Digital electronics & programming and scripting using languages such as c, c++, java, .NET, html etc.
- Get involved with process analysis, design as well as software and database development
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however its also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
Minimum educational requirements:
A minimum of 4 GCSE’s at grade 4 or above (English, Maths, Science + 1 other)
If you do not yet have your GCSE results please enter predicted grades on the application form
The benefits of an IT apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning whilst earning a salary at the same time as well as being included in our annual bonus scheme!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the forefront of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to pension, private medical care, discounted cinema tickets, gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of IT and Business systems. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job ID: 194133
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time