The SAP Software Engineer contributes to the software design, development, and deployment of technical and application solutions that meet business requirements and are cost effective and sustainable. The SAP Software Engineer has the ability to take business requirements and develop the conceptual and/or technical design for a program/application to run in production.
In addition, SAP Software Engineers may be involved in application configuration, performance tuning, and testing.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- SLT experience and knowledge of master data mappings from Source to target systems
- 5+ Years of SAP functional configurator experience
- Expertise in Data Governance: all Master data process, Mass data, uploads, data quality & Cleansing.
- Functional expertise in master data areas: Enterprise structure, Vendor master, Site master, Article master, Purchase info records, Customer master, Profit, Centre, Cost Centre, General ledger, Retail Pricing & Promotions, Assortments etc.
- Hands on experience on migration of Master data using SLT & LSMW.
- Deep understanding of SLT tools, Doc Splitting functionality, Coding Blocks, etc.
- Work with various parties (business stakeholders, IT stakeholders) in defining the business requirements and developing solutions
- Coordinate, develop, and participate in execution of test plans
- Establish credibility at all levels within the client and builds problem-solving partnerships with the client and colleagues
- Establish technical design, develop optimized solutions, support testing process and production deployment processes
- Support the blueprint/design process by participating in the analysis of user requirements and the documentation of design specifications
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participating in team meetings and project standups
- Meeting with IT leads to understand requirements
- Meeting with Solution Architects to design whole application framework
- Meeting with project manager for planning deliverables, timeline, resource estimation etc.
- Explaining the requirements, functionality, design & framework to onsite & offshore team members
- Provide timely communication on status & utilize appropriate tools and/or develops custom solutions as required to meet objectives
- Identifies areas for process improvement
- Maintains appropriate communication within the team and across various teams (i.e. internal and external)
- Ability to work with Business and relate to IT requirements where necessary
- Perform proof of concepts to evaluate different big data platform for suitability
- Support the solution through deployment and operations
- Participate in the on-going development roadmap
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to work with all teams and understand code changes and review business requirements and identify any gaps
- Exhibit integrity in all decisions and actions
- Excellent communication skills required
Generic Managerial Skills:
- Think out of the box to provide suggestions
- Be creative in analyzing business requirements while preparing test cases
- Be extremely proactive and independent
- Familiar with both Waterfall and Agile development technologies
- Demonstrate ability to understand business problems and articulate a technical solution