Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Project Quality Manager to support our Southwest Zone. As a Project Quality Manager, you are to ensure adherence to the Siemens Smart Infrastructure quality management policies and procedures. This project quality expert is passionate about timely project execution and will ensure the implementation of quality requirements while collaborating with our project management team and customers, at defined quality gates, for projects typically over $1M.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Manages scheduler’s workload and priorities.
- Establishes and executes project quality plans. Ensures quality assurance of projects across the entire project life cycle.
- Conducts project excellence reviews and quarterly risk reviews.
- Ensures implementation of standards and evaluates project readiness to proceed to the next set of project milestones.
- Drives improved change order volume and margins.
- Oversees cashflow plans, completes cost reviews, and forecasts project costs.
- Reviews, develops, and meets project closing plans, and metrics, on key projects. Drives an “Always Be Closing” mentality.
- Confirms documentation is complete and workflow standards are complete, for projects, as defined by the Zone Operations Manager and verifies that projects follow the project execution workflow.
- Schedules three customer visits per month in order to review project quality ensuring adherence to commitments.
- Acts as the point of contact for quality issues and assigns actions to improve project performance.
- Develops team by providing coaching and mentoring for 3-10 direct reports.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required Education: High school diploma / GED
- Required Experience: 5+ years successful project management experience running large building automation, energy savings, security, or fire projects.
- Required Travel: 20-60% travel within the zone
- Other requirements:
- Thorough understanding of construction contract project life cycle and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to identify project issues and willingness to resolve deficiencies while mentoring the project manager in charge.
- Must be able to provide strong leadership and input to others as requested with strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Must have strong organization skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment within the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employment sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment within the United Sates.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related field.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401(k) match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.