This position will manage large, complex jobs, or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance on board maritime vessels. This position will supervise, direct, and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. The Project Manager will ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
In the Ships Technologies business line of Siemens, we service the ever expanding fleet of marine vessels around the world. Whether it is the shipping industry or cruise line industry, Siemens is leading the charge in Automation. We are looking for forward thinking Engineers who have open minds and can think outside the box when it comes to determining our customer’s unique solutions. Siemens is looking for dedicated, highly motivated individuals who want to work in the marine industry.
- - Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
- - Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- - Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage, and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- - Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction, and/or other services.
- - Participates in job site final walk-thru and manage the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers of excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- · Associates degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field
- · Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations
- · Excellent contracting skills
- · An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects
- · Strong leadership, listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- · Previous project management experience.
- · Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- · Ability to travel world-wide without limitations
- · Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- · Bachelor’s degree preferred
- · PMP Certification
- · Mechanical and/or HVAC Background/Experience
- · Construction Project Management Experience or related education
- · Ability to travel for extended periods of time on maritime vessels to complete the assigned project
- · Ability to travel on short notice for project management
Job ID: 194187
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.