As the Head of EHS/Security, you will directly support the Head of Siemens Real Estate US. Your role will be to ensure that all applicable legal and Siemens internal requirements in the area of EHS and Security are implemented and a certifiable EHS Management System is maintained and effective. You will also be responsible for establishing and implementing Siemens Real Estate Country EHS roadmap based on business strategy, Corporate & SRE EHS roadmap. You will guide and leads the organization in the planning, execution, ongoing analysis and improvement of real estate related EHS measures.
- Collaborates with Head of SRE US, RE management team and other support functions and services as well as all relevant interfaces globally to achieve the EHS policy objectives
- Adapt, promote and implement global EHS programs/ initiatives and monitors their effectiveness
- Ensure an adequate competence management and training system for EHS-related competences
- Plan, implement and deliver the audit/assessment/inspections program of construction and maintenance projects as well as FM/FS activities
- Ensure that applicable statutory requirements are identified and maintained
- Ensures implementation of EHS related risk management in processes and projects
- Provide a forum for practice sharing amongst EHS practitioners across organizational units
- Establish and operate an appropriate security organization in SRE AMA's incl. regional entities
- Maintains lines and procedures for regular communication and incident/crisis management
- You will be the primary contact person on all Real Estate matters in security and crisis management
- Report serious incidents to Head of Security- SRE Regional Area
- Provides direction to SRE Site Security Managers
- Ensures implementation of GM SEC and SRE circulars, notes and instructions in their AMA's. Advise and support to SRE AMA management in security issues
Required Experience & Education
- 8+ years of experience as a Safety expert including construction sites
- 5+ years experience leading Security teams
- 5 years of project management experience leading interdisciplinary teams
- BS or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering / building services / Mechanical & Electrical Design or similar and/or EHS related/relevant fields (e.g. Safety Engineer)
- Evidenced training/expertise in the broader spectrum of EHS topics. Expert level knowledge of ISO / OHSAS management system and implementing/managing management system elements
- Travel requirement approx. 25%
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.
Job ID: 194194
Organization: Siemens Real Estate
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.