- Support quality assurance activities in all weld departments (light rail carshell, locomotive carshell, coach stainless steel carshell, and bogie weld).
- Conduct dimensional compliance and that all required NDT including VT, MT, PT, UT and RT inspections of welded carshells and bogie frames are completed to defined standards and specifications.
- Ensure all inspections are correctly documented and reported.
- Analyze inspection data to identify root causes for weld defects and work with weld engineering and weld experts to define best practices to reduce the number of defects.
- Performs a wide variety of inspections in the Carshell welding and bogey manufacturing areas.
- Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct routine visual CWI, dimensional, and mechanical inspections on a wide variety of welded and machined components and assemblies.
- Utilizes one or more non-destructive testing techniques to verify acceptability of welded and machined components.
- Ensures all work performed is to the correct configuration revision and within the requirements of applicable drawings, specifications and guidelines.
- May conduct first article inspection of parts, assemblies, equipment and tooling and provide summary reports and diagnostics.
- Ability to enter, maintain and extract information from Material Resource Planning, noncompliance tracking tools and Configuration management System.
Job ID: 194228
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.