If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Are you a bright, curious innovative lawyer with a passion for technology? Want to work with multinational company to shape the digital future? Looking for a role where you’ll push your limits and learn something new every day in an international context? Become our new DPO!
From making industries smarter to creating blueprints for the future, at Siemens we develop the technologies that keep the world moving forward. As a member of our Compliance Management Team, you’ll work across a range of interesting and challenging projects, putting great ideas into action.
Join our team as “Data Privacy Officer” (m/f/n) at Beijing or Shanghai.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
We are looking for a Data Privacy Officer who will focus on compliance with all applicable regulations about the protection of private data. Within this role, you will be partnering with multiple teams within Siemens China and Siemens globally to ensure compliance of procedures, processes and technologies. Meticulous and thorough in your approach, you will review, document and propose enhancements to the business and private data handling processes and procedures. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of private data protection laws and be familiar with our industry and the nature of its data processing activities.
- Business partner to the Siemens China business with their private data protection needs through comprehensive guidance on use of personal data
- Creation and optimization of private data protection guidelines, templates and other documents
- Planning, coordination and implementation of smart training courses and other private data protection events and campaigns
- Be part of the Compliance China Management Team
- Lead the team of Data Privacy Advisors in the Siemens China business and coach them
- Work closely with our Global Data Privacy Team in Germany
- Work and collaborate with external law firm and associations on data privacy issues
- Advice together with business, IT, Corporate Technology on cross-border data transfer requirements
- Assist with the review of ongoing compliance of third party vendors as related to privacy data protection and the processing of personal data on behalf of the organization
- Support internal teams and external authorities in assessing any potential privacy incidents
- Development, implementation and maintenance of data privacy metrics and monitoring
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- Legal background, fully qualified lawyer in your home country
- Studies abroad or work experience abroad is a plus
- Solid knowledge of Chinese data privacy laws, preferably also of the GDPR.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Work experience in private data protection and legal compliance is a plus
- Knowledge of private data processing operations in the company’s sector is preferable
- Ethical, with the ability to remain impartial and report all non-compliances
- Organizational skills with attention to detail
- Superior analytical, problem solving and writing skills
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with internal partners at all levels and work on cross-functional, international teams on complex issues
- very good language skills in Chinese and English. German is a plus, not a must.
Job ID: 194239
Organization: Legal and Compliance
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time