Continuous Improvement Engineer / Coordinator
Siemens Magnet Technology in Eynsham, near Oxford are looking for someone to support the facilitation and delivery of continuous improvement activities across the business. The role will involve process mapping, root cause analysis and Kaizen events. Providing the necessary data and reporting of performance against the agreed business targets and objectives.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, healthcare, flexible benefits, annual bonus, flexible working (with a strong emphasis on work/life balance) lots of additional work perks, clear career pathways and an environment where you can be truly innovative and realise your full potential.
Your daily duties and responsibilities will include:
- Conducting work and time studies to define standard labour hours for all production operations in manufacturing to an internationally recognised standard (training provided)
- Driving and supporting the implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts and coordinate Kaizen events to deliver productivity savings
- Acting as a coach and mentor to facilitate continuous improvement activities focusing on products, systems, operations & processes throughout the business
- Carrying out the manufacturing cells monthly efficiency settlement to enable the measurement of operational performance and production workforce bonus calculations
- Conducting process mapping and value stream mapping activities to identify inefficiencies and implement improvement activities
- Deploying appropriate methodologies to problem solving and support teams to solve problems and to ensure the escalation process for problem solving is effective
- Supporting the business to implement the Healthineers Performance System (HPS) and establish best practice
- Demonstrating performance excellence behaviours within the organisation and champion performance excellence.
What is needed for this role?
- Strong work history or working within an environment of supporting and leading on continuous improvement activities within lean manufacturing environments
- Formal lean manufacturing experience (Lean Six Sigma, Toyota Production System, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, 5s, DMAIC etc)
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to train and conduct lean workshops
- Understanding of manufacturing / engineering processes
- Excellent planning and prioritising skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across all functions
Personality and attributes:
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- Self-motivated with a “can do” attitude
- To be focused on achievement
- To have the ability to work on own initiative
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers MR Magnet Technology is the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of superconducting magnets for magnetic resonance imaging – over a third of MRI scanners installed worldwide have at their heart a magnet manufactured in our Eynsham factory. The business has been awarded several Queen’s Awards for export success, two Best Factory Awards and an IMechE Manufacturing Excellence Award, and is justifiably proud of its engineering and manufacturing heritage.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work.
We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally, if you want to find out more and become a part of the Healthineers family, please apply, showing clearly your relevant experience for the role and your salary expectation.
Job ID: 194298
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time