What are my job responsibilities?
• Main Responsibility:
- Measures and analyses risks and return regarding credit-, market-, liquidity- and operational risks.
- Ensures operational excellence within the given risk and operations infrastructure for SFS and Treasury.
• Calculating Net Foreign Currency Position (NFCP) (including any agreed currency clauses)
• Decision on hedging instrument
• Requesting the FX positions relevant to the NFCP
- This includes the communication of business hedge requirements to treasury
• Complying with hedging level per company entity
• Request offer calculation exchange rates
• Determining the calculation rate for the binding offer (project business) at EUR 1m or above
• Monitoring the calculation rate for the binding offer
• Reporting on the status of the binding offer
• Reporting the foreign currency position, in particular significant changes (ad hoc reporting of new positions)
• Compiling and coordinating with both Treasury and Global Shared Services for FX contracts utilization during payment cycle and ensuring all FX impacts are accounted for accordingly.
• Ensuring that the accounting of FX P/L effects are allocated appropriately (to the originating Divisions):
- Realized FX on matured FX deals
- Revaluation of open FX contracts
- Revaluation of cash held in foreign currency
• Monitoring breaches of the materiality limit
• Requesting exemptions to generally not approved stop-loss currency pairs
• Requesting exemptions to the Circular
• Advisory to operational business of FX risk management, hedging, liquidity
• Assist in providing required training to Business Unit to increase the awareness on the importance of hedging to mitigate FX risk and the accounting implication.
How can I qualify for the role?
- An above average Degree in Finance or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in treasury and accounting
- Must have a sound knowledge of Financial Instruments.
- Basic accounting knowledge is recommended.
- Well verse in Microsoft application especially Excel and Power Point.
- Pro active and has an eye for detail.
- Willing to learn new scope and able to adapt to changes positively.
- Candidates from multinational companies with possibly knowledge of a hub setup will be preferred
Job ID: 194309
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time