We are looking for a Head of Accounting for our Energy Business in Milan.
The candidate, reporting to the CFO, will be responsible for leading Accounting department, providing full support/advise to the Management, fulfil any legal and company requirements through the effective implementation and continuous improvement of the related processes.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to make a difference!
The world is constantly changing, and we're always thinking about what's next. Can you help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow?
What are your responsibilities?
- Handling the local Accounting department and collaborating closely with the Hub Accounting & Shared Services organization to continuously provide excellent services to the business units in the area of accounting know-how, finance activities and currency management.
- Ensuring company financial statements are in accordance with local GAAP.
- Liaise with external auditors for the annual statutory audit report and ensure the timeliness of the audit report issuance.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements are met and are adopted accordingly in the company’s operational and financial activities and other government rules and regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with risk and internal controls related to accounting and controlling function.
- Handle, develop, and coach the Accounting team to fulfill the responsibilities assigned.
- Working closely with Executive Management to regularly monitor and present the financial statement performance and key figures.
- A trusted Business Partner for Divisions -focusing on guiding on complex accounting topics, remediate issues timely and effective monitoring of topics
- Close interaction with Shareholder controlling in HQ.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role (Head of Accounting)
- More than 5 years of experience in the area of accounting & controlling
- Experience in international company or as an external auditor (Big Four preferred)
- Experience in working with different culture, languages and of educational and customer needs
- Proactive approach, always looking to add new value to the organization and being well trusted partner of the Management
- Strong knowledge in local GAAP, and IFRS as a plus
- Good leadership and analytical skills
- Economic Degree or similar
- Proficient in Italian and in English (written and spoken). Spanish language will be a plus
What can we further offer?
A flexible way of working: Smartworking; An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training; Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance; Health insurance that can be extended to your family; Meal totally paid by the company; Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We believe strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we handle only online applications, and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Job ID: 194311
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Gas and Power S.r.l.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time