Engineer Internship in Thermal analysis modeling
Based in Meudon la Forêt - 92360
Mentor Graphics is one of the world leaders in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) market. Our company offers software and hardware design solutions that enable companies to quickly develop leading-edge electronic products by optimizing their costs. With the widest range of products in the industry, Mentor Graphics is the only company in the EDA market to offer an integrated software solution.
Mentor Graphics Emulation Division (MED) develops and manufactures emulators for the functional verification of electronic chips (SoC). In emulation systems, consisting of one or more electronic bays, the constraints of mechanical integration, thermal management / regulation and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) constraints are real challenges.
As part of its development, the Division wishes to strengthen the R & D Macro packaging team by integrating a thermal simulation engineer (graduation diploma).
The individual will be part of the Mentor’s Macro packaging R&D team based in Meudon la Forêt, France.
As a contributing engineer, the individual will participate in the following works:
- Subsystems thermal modeling according to the input assumptions,
- Thermal / Aerolic simulations for components and subsystems dimensioning and optimization (forced air cooling)
- Mechanical dimensioning of heat exchange’s interfaces.
- Inter-professional technical exchanges: Mechanical team, Electronic team, Suppliers ...
- Validation of Supplier’s technical proposals according to system final environment (custom products)
- Validation of manufacturing constraints and industrialization of subsets.
- Participation in the development and drafting in English of the justification files,
- Definition and follow-up of prototypes / models / benches launches
- Participation in thermal-aerolic validation tests.
End of studies internship - 6 months.
- BAC + 5 General Engineer (ENSAM or equivalent).
- Good knowledge in thermal and thermodynamics, mechanics, materials, structural calculations,
- Good knowledge in thermal-aerolic simulation software such as Flotherm or equivalent,
- Good knowledge in CAD software such as Solidworks or equivalent,
- Knowledge in finite element calculations,
- Excel VBA usage appreciated.
- Ability to work in both French and English.
- The candidate should be passionate, involved and versatile.
- Design, organizational, multi-tasking and self-direction skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
Job ID: 194313
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (France) SARL
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time