- The engineer will work in Development Support’s Industry Solutions department to verify CFD software predictions meet the highest quality standards and help deliver highly technical software support services to a global client base.
- The engineer must have experience running industrial CFD simulations and be comfortable working with any engineering application despite their complexities.
- The engineer will have an in depth understanding of CFD and how to numerically simulate physical phenomena.
- The engineer will be an expert user of CFD.
- The engineer must have a can-do attitude and must be able to manage multiple CFD projects simultaneously to show progress is being made on each.
- The engineer must be able to demonstrate they have the skills and patience to work with large/complex geometries/meshes and quickly learn new physics and technologies.
- The engineer will have experience modelling Internal Combustion Engines for the automotive industry and demonstrate a keen interest in modelling complex mechanical, chemical, electrical and electronic systems for a range of other industries that in-clude marine, aerospace, chemical processing, ground transportation and e-mobility.
- Development Support provide high level support that helps ensure the transfer of technical knowledge and expertise between Product Development and the rest of the company.
- Development Support engineers are required to work closely with software developers as new versions of STAR-CCM+ are developed to help ensure new features of the code are well understood. In particular, emphasis is given to demonstrating the use of newly implemented software features and their functionalities. In addition, verifying new features behave as their designs intend.
- Development Support engineers liaise with teams worldwide to provide advanced technical solutions that help ensure end user issues are answered and fixed in a prompt manner and software products are used correctly, to their maximum potential.
- The engineer will use CFD to simulate Internal Combustion Engines to help support our latest software offering (STAR-ICE) for the automotive industry. Likewise, Electronics Cooling (ECL) for electrical and electronic systems and, sometime in the future, batteries and motors for e-mobility.
- The engineer will manage this work alongside verification project requests from other departments that may range from multiphase flow industrial applications, such as fluidized beds in chemical processing, nuclear and fluid catalytic cracking riser reactors, to turbomachinery for aerospace.
- Making sure newly implemented STAR-CCM+ code developments are well understood. Emphasis is given to verifying new code development works as designed throughout the development and release cycles.
- Triaging customer bug reports submitted to the development teams
- Supporting internal customers
- A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in Mechanical/Chemical/Electrical / Electronic Engineering or other closely related field
- Prior industrial/research experience working with CFD software
- Experience/knowledge of supporting and/or testing CFD software
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet project goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously and to prioritise multiple projects
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing
Job ID: 194333
Organisation: Digital Industries
Unternehmen: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional