Siemens Process Solutions
Siemens Process Solutions is a leading supplier of integrated solutions to the Oil & Gas industry. We place a strong emphasis on supporting the complete value chain from pre-engineering to long term operational support. We offer a complete range of services covering everything from engineering services, automation, industrial IT and electrical & telecommunications systems, to turbines, compressors and process solutions. Siemens is a leading supplier of digitalization solutions.
Senior Software Developer IT Systems Integration (Backend/Fullstack) within our Digitalization Team
As a Senior Software Developer OT and IT Integration within our digitalization team you will be responsible for developing architecture and innovative applications for our digitalization platform for the Oil & Gas, Drilling and Marine market.
You will be a part of the R&D Offshore department and work in an agile and innovative environment with a team focusing tomorrow’s challenges and solutions. In your work you will be reporting to the technical manager of the digitalization portfolio, project manager of the development project, and key stakeholders of the business.
You are a dedicated software developer with proactive and innovative attitude and a team player. Through supporting your co-workers in both work and learning you contributes to a positive and efficient work environment. Independent work is something you also handle well, taking charge of your own work and deliver on time.
In an everyday work you are eager and excited with your responsibilities and field of expertise and wants to continue developing and growing your knowledge. You understand the room of limitations and opportunities in a software solution. Working in an environment that is prone to changes does not influence your capacity, and you are flexible and adaptive to new ways of working.
We can offer you a challenging and varying work in a fast-paced environment. We want to further develop our employees and to give them opportunities to learn and to develop their career in a large, international company.
Demands for competency
- Successfully completed Master or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information systems or similar areas.
- Extensive experience in C++ and/or C#
- Experience of IT Infrastructure, Cloud platforms (eg. Azure, AWS), Server – Client solutions setup
- Experience in IT integration and standard interfaces towards ERP systems (eg. SAP)
- Experience of Industrial IoT communication standards and architectures
- Experience with OPC UA is preferable
- Experience in the engineering/industrial environment will be preferable
- Knowledge of Control Systems, preferably Simatic PCS 7 or other Siemens systems
- Knowledge of Industrial IoT devices
- Knowledge of modern integration technologies (eg. Azure integration services)
- Knowledge of Oil and Gas industries is also beneficial
- Team-focused, collaboration and influencing
- User centered/customer orientation
- Intercultural sensibility
- Open for both domestic and international travels
- Good communication skills and high proficiency in both written and spoken English (and Norwegial would be preferable). It is an advantage if you know other languages.
- Takes initiative, and likes challenges
- Adaptive and flexible to changes
- Positive and social
Good career and development opportunities in Siemens, both domestic and international. You will have varied tasks and the opportunity to influence your everyday work. Siemens has flexible working hours, which includes extra vacation on all bridge days. We also offer competitive wages and conditions.
However, the most important reason for choosing Siemens is that you are eager to be a part of an inspiring organization that gives you an opportunity to create innovative solutions for our projects and customers, and that you will get the opportunity to influence peoples days, environment and future through technology.
Contactperson: Head of Department: Håvard Imset 47 920 28 545
Application date: 31.01.20
We perform background check as part of our recruitment process
Job ID: 194498
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens AS
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time