Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We think our four-year ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rated apprenticeship programme is the best alternative to college for ambitious students with an eye for engineering. Especially as you’ll gain professional qualifications and the reputation that comes with working for a prestigious engineering brand like Siemens.
This is a rare opportunity to earn money while showing your potential to a global innovator. Here at Siemens we build a better world using greener energy, cutting-edge software and ingenious inventions.
The Siemens Power Generation Services business has an enviable engineering heritage which extends back 130 years. Today at the Siemens CAP (Charles Algernon Parsons) Works site in Newcastle; we repair, service and upgrade Siemens gas and steam turbines and generators as well as those of the non-original equipment manufacture. We're also responsible for servicing the global fleet of Parsons steam turbines and generators, including the supply of spares.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto the Engineering Technician standard and earn your level 3 qualification.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1&2: Your first 12 months will be spent in our Training Centre in Newcastle working towards your NVQ Level 2, together with day release to Tyne Metropolitan College where you will complete a Technical Certificate over 2 years.
- Year 3&4: After this, you will be placed in various departments within the facility and at customer sites throughout the UK working towards your NVQ Level 3. You will receive training and practical experience; the sort that will help you understand our methods, resources and procedures. You will then complete a final placement to finish your NVQ Level 3.
Our apprenticeships are for aspiring individuals who are keen to start building up work experience whilst progressing academically within an engineering environment.
You will be required to work alongside employees of all levels therefore a flexible 'can do' approach is important. We also expect a focused attitude to timekeeping and attendance. You must be able to work away from home and be flexible with work placements.
The right commitment and enthusiasm for a career in a leading-edge engineering environment is critical so the following skills are required:
- Strong interest in engineering and technology
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- Good manual skills and the ability to operate machinery
- Good level of computer literacy
- Care and attention to detail, adhering to all health and safety requirements
Minimum educational requirements:
At least 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade 4 (C) or above which must include Mathematics, English Language and a Science (Biology, Chemistry or Physics). Level 2 in ICT is an advantage.
The benefits of an advanced apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond school whilst earning a salary of £11,575 per annum, with annual increments, at the same time as well as an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medical care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of engineering. Think this is you? Apply Now.
The closing date for these roles will be Sunday 1st March. Applications will be reviewed thereafter and you will expect to hear whether your application will be progressed in due course. If your application is progressed, you will receive an online behavioural and numerical assessment for completion before being invited to visit our site for further assessment to enable us to review your suitability for the role.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job ID: 194512
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time