Siemens Smart Infrastructure Regional Solutions and Services are recruiting a Fire Alarm Service Engineer. Ideally located in and around North West England, travel to other operating regions may be required.
Change the future with us.
Pivotal to your role as a Service Engineer will be to work closely with other service engineers on-site or remotely, to ensure staff can efficiently and effectively address client and company needs, whilst stimulating their own development and motivation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Service and maintain Fire Alarm and PAVA systems in line with BS5839 standards, identify any defects, non-conformities and produce site documentation
- Be part of an out of hours call out Rota to deal with fault calls
- Perform technical surveys and assist with branch sales
- Taking ownership and being the main point of contact for the key customers within the area and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Identify and support upselling and cross selling opportunities
- Responsible for client enquiries and assisting with small works managers when necessary
- Assist with Branch projects, small works and commissioning
- Carry out Live time booking, daily and/or job specific POW and assist with amending RAMs when necessary
- Follow all Siemens H&S policies & procedures
- Be subject to vehicle, equipment and process audits
- Responsible for carrying out personnel PPE, safety equipment and general pre-use checks to ensure they are in line with the company H&S policies and procedures
- Complete all paperwork and vehicle maintenance in normal working hours unless preauthorized by your line manager
- Respond to all branch communication within the required deadlines
- Check communications via Email and phone on a daily basis
- Assist other engineers and back office staff in a proactive and positive manner
- Attend branch meetings and training courses when required
- Submission of timesheets, expenses and mileage in line with Siemens timeframes
- Assist with any other reasonable activities required by your manager
As the Fire Service Engineer you will bring with you proven industry experience in the servicing and maintenance fire alarm systems. You will be a technical Engineer with a proven record in fault finding.
- Strong organizational skills; able to priorities workloads, including the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Be self-motivated with good analytical skills. Possessing a good level of commercial awareness and customer focus.
- A key part of the role will be the engagement with our customers and therefore we require experience of working directly with customers.
- Ability to lead and motivate others will be part of the role.
- Working with a wide range of customers and sub-contractors whilst maintaining and protecting Siemens brand, includes working as part of a diverse workforce, both professionally and socially.
- A good knowledge of Fire Detection standards in line with BS5839.
- Strong IT skills is a requirement.
Travel & Location
There will be daily travel involved in this role to customer sites therefore you will need to have a full driving license and be prepared to travel to all sites within the remit of the role which will involve occasional overnight stays.
The location where you will ideally be based is North West England
What else do I need to know?
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you!
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 194527
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time