MANAGER, POINT OF CARE DIAGNOSTICS EMPLOYEE AND LEADERSHIP COMMUNICATIONS
The Manager of Employee and Leadership Communications will perform a multi-faceted role as part of the Global Marketing and Communications team of the Diagnostics segment of Siemens Healthineers. The role reports to the Head of Global Employee and Leadership Communications.
The position will develop and implement a comprehensive communications program, including strategic messaging, aimed at internal audiences and select external social media for the company’s Point of Care (POC) Diagnostics organization—a global market leader in point-of-care testing with sales operations and office locations around the world. The Manager will serve as the communications lead for the President of the POC business line and his global leadership team. In this capacity, the candidate will manage internal communications development, planning, implementation, and ongoing analysis of leadership and employee communication initiatives. The Manager will also serve as an advocate and a liaison for the President with his immediate staff and other subject matter experts.
This individual will understand and communicate business, HR, financial, product and technical information clearly and accurately to employees and management, as well as other audiences.
- Based on an understanding of business situations and challenges, develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy to foster employee engagement, team cohesion and orientation towards the business’s goals.
- Advise and support business leadership on employee communications, gather and write employee communications and feature stories for internal online media and digital signage, produce relevant content across a variety of media and interpersonal platforms, and shepherd content and deliverables through reviews and approvals.
- Serve as an in-house editor and writer to create and facilitate
the development and completion of high-quality content, including:
- Thought leadership communications for leadership (for internal / external usage).
- Messaging to support introduction of new POC solutions in FY20 and future rollouts.
- Manage and produce all POC Town Halls, leadership meetings and quarterly leadership conference calls, including presentation content, logistics and promotional communications.
- Contribute to and help manage the organizational intranet and Yammer social media pages, spotlighting POC news and initiatives.
- Script / produce video messages from the business line president to the global team.
- Manage and develop a regular cadence of external social media posts and articles for the business line president and select leadership team members that assert thought leadership, company innovation, business success, etc.
- Work closely with Marketing, Marketing Communications, Compliance, Legal, Regulatory, HR, Finance, Supply Chain Management, R&D, etc. as well as other partners from across the Diagnostic Segment, Siemens Healthineers and individual geographies to communicate the state-of-the-business, customer successes, proof points, etc. internally through other company media and channels.
- Exceptional strategic thinking, project management and execution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; high level of attention to detail; and creativity. Strong copy-editing and proofing skills are also required.
- Competency in Office 365 (including Yammer, Teams, etc.), MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Content Management Systems, PhotoShop, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to research and develop executive presentations for online and face-to-face meetings.
- Ability to analyze metrics and draw actionable conclusions.
- Enjoys the networking opportunities that present themselves in a global, matrixed environment, and prepares and vets material in a poised and tactful manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Understanding and interest in online media (including internal / external company platforms).
- Experience in writing for and producing content for multi-channel communications, including events, video, digital, and social media (internal and external social platforms).
- Experience in collaborating globally, managing global projects with international counterparts.
- Approximately 12 years of experience with a strong emphasis in employee communications, corporate journalism, or comparable work.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related field (Masters preferred). Experience in healthcare field is also preferred.
Job ID: 194552
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.