Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Convert Thermal Calculations into Construction Drawings and BoM for Turbine components in order to meet the design requirements in line with the customer/quality specifications.
- Capable of performing mechanical design calculation for Steam turbine by proper selection of material and manufacturing process.
- Plan and review Project engineering activities
- Knowledge of Rotor dynamics for mechanical drive and Generator drive will be an added advantage.
- Support Factory Purchase and Quality to identify potential vendors for factory related items, in the line with SCM guidelines in order to facilitate Order Management/Factory Purchase for approving vendors, providing technical support for deviations during manufacturing at vendors shop, during assembly etc.
- Support the team and Manager for localization of imported components/services to bring down the total product cost, carry out Improvements based on experience, feed-back from project site and factory in order to reduce cost & Erection and Commissioning problems.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and support for developing new product/component/variant as required by the customer/market in line with the inputs from Sales & Proposal on order to support the business to book profitable orders matching customer requirements/specifications.
- Provide support to PM on technical issues, support in cost control and interact with vendors and supply chain personnel for freezing the specifications and technical requirements (pre order and post order) in order to meet the customer contract requirements and keep project within cost.
- Engineering Graduate (Mechanical/Production) with 3 to 4 years of experience in handling Product engineering activities.
- Conversant with latest Codes and Standards API 611, API 612, NEMA, ASME etc.
- Well versed with AutoCAD for 2D drafting and 3D modelling tools such as Unigraphics Nx and Creo
- Must aware of Geometrical & Dimensional Tolerances, fits, machining symbols, surface finish etc
- Site experience during erection and commissioning and troubleshooting shall be added advantage
- Interpreting customers’ specifications and making any recommendations
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 194557
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time