Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future?
So do we. We believe our apprenticeship programmes are the best alternative to university for ambitious and hard-working students. Especially as you’ll gain a technical and occupational qualification whilst earning a salary as well as the reputation that comes with working for a digital pioneer like Siemens.
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
The Intelligent Traffic Systems part of Siemens Mobility Limited designs, markets, manufactures, installs and maintains a wide portfolio of international traffic management products and is the UK market leader in the traffic signal business. This includes intersection and pedestrian traffic controllers, intelligent urban traffic control systems, variable message signs, public transport and car park guidance systems to enhance road safety and improve traffic flow in congested urban and inter-urban areas.
We are recruiting candidates to join our Poole site on a rotational apprenticeship scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in IT, Engineering and Digital Technology.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 4 year apprenticeship where you will be put onto an Electrical/Electronic Engineering apprenticeship standard (or similar) that develops your knowledge and skills.
Here is how the programme works:
- Year 1: You will spend time at both a local college and Siemens. At College, you will start an Electrical/Electronic HNC and at Siemens you will undertake rotations within various departments at our headquarters in Poole.
- Year 2: You will be at college on a day release basis and still rotate around our various departments.
- Year 3: You will be full time at Siemens and will start to specialise. You will be building up a portfolio of competency evidence by developing your skills and knowledge.
- Year 4: You will complete the end point assessment requirements (if not already achieved) and transition into a permanent role within the business such as a Design Engineer.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- You should have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- As the apprenticeship involves completing academic qualifications and occupational skills developments, you should have good organisational skills and be able to manage your time appropriately.
- You must be willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions.
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly, and take ownership of challenges and ideas.
- Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovative, Excellent and Responsible. We can teach you the knowledge on your apprenticeship however it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
- You should be IT literate and able to use Microsoft Office packages.
Minimum educational requirements:
You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) in English, Mathematics and a Science or Technology subject at grade 5. You will also be on track to achieve A levels (Grades A*-C) one of which must be maths or physics. We also welcome equivalents such as BTEC Level 3 Certificate (in Engineering) with an overall merit or distinction.
The benefits of an apprenticeship:
- Continue your learning beyond college/school whilst earning a salary of £16,000 with annual increments, at the same time and an annual bonus!
- Have the chance to join a community of highly skilled professionals who will help you on your learning journey.
- As an apprentice, you will receive first-rate training and tuition from Siemens and our partner colleges.
- Stay at the fore-front of innovation by joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company.
- Join our flexible benefits scheme with access to private medial care, discounted cinema tickets and gym membership and so much more!
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Connected Mobility. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job ID: 194596
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time