At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Grand Prairie factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
What is the overview of your job?
- Working Conditions: Job involves typically working indoors, being assigned to any of the different shifts, occasionally lifting heavy materials, wearing common safety equipment (e.g. cut resistant gloves and sleeves, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc.) being exposed to loud noises and the possibility of bumps, cuts, scrapes, and strains.
- Capabilities: The following are behaviors essential to being successful in this job.
- Safety Advocacy: Ability to promote and ensure a safe work environment; identifies, communicates, and eliminates hazards encountered during regular course of work.
- Quality Orientation: Focused on meeting or exceeding the level of excellence of products, services, and work activities–measured against pre-set standards; able to identify flaws and take corrective action.
- Cooperation: Willingly assists others by offering guidance, sharing knowledge, teaching skills, or directly performing a task in order to help out. Puts team objectives ahead of personal interests.
- Adaptability: Willingly accepts organizational changes and responds to changes with appropriate urgency and actions. Reacts to anger, frustration, and disappointment constructively (i.e. finding humor in situations; finding solutions to problems, using relaxation techniques; etc.).
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem or task using a logical and systematic approach.
- Spatial Reasoning: Ability to think in three dimension; being able to mentally generate, rotate, and transform visual images.
What are your responsibilities?
- Operates tools and equipment common to the mechanical trade (e.g. hand & power tools).
- Processes work orders (with the use of computers, scanning devices, etc.) in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Scans in and out of work orders (with the use of computers, scanning devices, etc.) in adherence to the production schedule or expedited orders.
- Reads and interprets documents associated with the completion of mechanical assembly assignments (e.g. blue prints, bill of materials, one line diagrams, etc.).
- Gathers parts and accessories required in the assembly process.
- Assembles fabricated parts to create unit assemblies (Low Voltage Switchgear, Switchboards, and Power Panels) or subassemblies.
- Fastens component parts on frames, subassemblies, or unit assemblies.
- Connects cables and basic wires.
- Verifies that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Disassembles units to adjust or replace parts.
- Marks unit assemblies with identifying information and/or attaches identifying tags.
- Reports non-conforming items (e.g. parts, schematics, blue prints, etc.)
- Prepares finished units for shipping (e.g. packing, sealing, labeling, etc.)
- Cleans and maintains equipment and work area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- Accesses and utilizes various documents, with the use of computers, associated with the manufacture of products in assembly (e.g. Quality and Safety Documents, Operating Instructions, etc.)
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision.
What is the required knowledge, skills & experience for you role?
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills, and use of basic mechanical/measuring tools.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to reach, grasp, lift 75 lbs, and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 194615
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.