Position Overview - May be located in any major US city near an airport
This position works closely with the Design Engineers, Engineering Supervisor, Solution Specialists and Project Managers within Siemens Building Products. This position will reside within the Zone Technical Center organization and report to the Zone Technical Center Manager. The person in the role will create and provide a complete programming package to the Zone Project Manager. The package includes but is not limited to a Sequence of Operation, Virtual Points, pre-tested programming and onsite Functional Test for assigned projects.
- Set up process to write all programs and virtual points after submittal is approved.
- Create functional test and flow-charting documents as required.
- Use Zone and National standards as the basis for programming standards.
- As a Sr. Level Programmer, set Zone standards in APT and coordinate standards with other Zone Programmers.
- Set-up virtual and/or physical test system to test all programming prior to release to the field.
- Create functional test checkout sheets to be included in Specialist checkout books.
- Standardize Point Database and Blaster database creation.
- Assist Graphics Designer to incorporate dynamic point information for all graphics design.
- Validate customer accepted program by comparing original provided program to final. Evaluate differences and work with Specialists to improve site programming skills and minimize central programming rework.
- Track programming time to establish baseline for future estimating standards.
- All programs must be tested prior to release to the job so that solutions are 100% error free.
- Review design content to provide Specialists with the needed information to optimize Start-up and Commissioning.
- Document with RFIs specification discrepancies and needed clarification and cost impact requested changes.
- Produce RFIs and resolve issues with job submittals prior to the job submittals being released to the Specialist.
- Provide onsite assistance with functional testing as required.
- May provide expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and entry level employees. Sr. level acts as a leading member of the “Programming Community”.
- Contribute and participate in regular conference calls to establish programming standards.
- Attend regularly scheduled Design and Programming meetings.
- Sr. Level represents the organization as a prime internal contact and possibly a key external contact.
- Provides pre-sale assistance for labor estimating
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
- 4 – 8 years of successful experience programming HVAC control strategies is required.
- Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Travel required up to 20%
Job ID: 194633
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.