Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Remote Diagnostic Centre (RDC) Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
We are recruiting for a Remote Diagnostic Centre (RDC) Engineer to join Siemens Aero derivative Gas Turbine business based in Warwick, they will provide remote monitoring and reporting for assigned connected sites under Daily Monitoring and develop and implement AGT specific detection agents in alignment with the global RDS guidelines and AGT requirements. They will recover and maintain all AGT know-how already embedded in existing Diagnostic Networks; manage workflow/ticketing related activities with regards to the Customer Technical Support service across multiple remote sites and regional hubs. RDC Engineers provide the vital link between our Data, Service Engineering and Service Operations teams to include our world class 24/7/365 Operational Service Desk.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Change the future with us.
- Provide remote monitoring and reporting for assigned connected sites under Daily Monitoring, reporting to local RDC Manager.
- Recover, maintain and keep updated the AGT specific know-how of detection/prognostics, already developed in existing Diagnostic Networks done with existing Third Party companies, and migrate to STA-RMS platform.
- Design, develop, verify and test new detection agents, based on specific AGT failure modes and criticalities (Top Ten Offenders, FMECA based).
- Develop Remote Diagnostic Monitoring activity to ensure that risk to both Siemens and customer organisations from equipment degradation or downtime is minimised/mitigated by timely preventive action.
- Creation of customer reporting & ticketing activity ensuring it is timely, concise and technically accurate whilst delivering maximum commercial leverage.
- Ensure RDS Data Integrity (including data from contributory systems) ensuring it is available when required, reliable, accurate and actively monitored commensurate with its use for RDC planning, analysis and decision support.
- Maintenance / reporting of the remote services platform connection and maintenance processes establishing maximum opportunity for site data collection.
- Lead the local research and development activities that have been agreed by RDS global via the Product Development process. Engaging globally with RDC's, external suppliers, academia, customers and professional bodies to maintain competitive advantage.
- Ensure Engineering rigor and documentation tracking (Libraries) of the development and implementation of Diagnostic & Prognostic rules.
- Find opportunities for development and support the overall RDS Research & Development engineering priorities.
- Work with the RDS Operations, Technical Services & Product Management teams to develop and sustain a continuous growth of the RDS value addition capability.
- Coordinate and execute root cause analysis to remove bottlenecks in data post processing (bug fixing).
- Implement RDS Engineering documentation forms, Protocols.
- Coordinate RDC Diagnostic & Prognostic Rules functions, harmonizing Design, Commissioning and Troubleshooting expertise.
- Maintain a "big picture" view in day-to-day operation across all RDCs, spot check the quality level of the technical recommendations and notifications to customer (audits).
- Execute global RDS tool project tracking and supervise local RDCs projects.
- Lead Change Requests (Change Control Board) using Engineering processes and implement agreed changes.
- Participate as required in Product Line Technology Reviews to provide RDS feedback for product improvement.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- A genuine passion for data driven services, using data to drive better service.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline and ideally will have worked in a remote diagnostics discipline.
- Diversified skills in engineering processes, process integration, as well as IT systems and architecture.
- Experience in multiple Engineering environments including: Design Engineering, Controls Engineering, Assembly and Test, Installation & Commissioning, Performance Engineering, Support Engineering, Technical Helpdesk, Remote Diagnostic Services.
- Experience of high value equipment within an aerospace, manufacturing, marine or energy industry.
- Must be customer focused and be able to demonstrate leadership, trouble shooting, problem solving and analytical skills / decision making in a high pressure environment.
- Appreciation of Siemens international Customer base, their respective cultural diversity and an ability to communicate in more than one language would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong Project Management skills.
This role is primarily office based, supporting our 24/7/365 remote monitoring operations, however 'out-of-normal-hours' support may be required to meet customer expectations.
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary and annual bonus. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business; therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business
Closing date for applications: Sunday 19th January 2020
Job ID: 194652
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Industrial Turbine Company (UK) Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time