Strategic Planning Lead- SISW-PLM
Siemens PLM Software is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best known brands in the world using our PLM tools, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years. We are looking for dynamic leaders who can contribute on our journey to build Siemens Lifecycle Collaboration Software (LCS) portfolio. If you are interested in leading a talented team that works with the best companies around the globe, we’d be excited to know more about you.
Siemens PLM Software is looking for a passionate and experienced Strategic Planning Lead to join the Lifecycle Collaboration Software (LCS) product management team. This position will have direct responsibility for driving strategic planning decisions in the LCS portfolio including Teamcenter and Polarion software leveraging Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) software development practices. You will coordinate with strong teams in a fast-paced environment where agile development is embraced, and innovation is encouraged. At Siemens, everyone has the opportunity to positively impact thousands of customers and you will be called upon to identify, realize, and drive these opportunities. Siemens is a high growth organization working on products and software that is changing the world. Be part of this fantastic new opportunity and inspiring culture of relentless innovation towards Ingenuity for Life.
Head of LCS Strategic Planning
• Responsible for leading LCS Strategic Planning process to define optimal investment for our annual R&D investment
• Facilitate both face-to-face and remote/virtual meetings with our global team to efficiently work through complex investment decisions
• Work closely with product managers and owners to understand inbound requirements, help guide prioritization and resolve issues
• Drive data-driven investment and prioritization decisions
• Guide product planning across the organization leveraging Scaled Agile Framework for end-to-end product development process
• Drive continuous process improvements into our internal tools (e.g. Polarion) to ensure transparency, streamline our overall decision making and improve execution. Includes clearly defining and communicating requirements to our DevOps support team for implementation in our toolset
• Collaborate with other Siemens stakeholders (Industries, Sales, Services, Technology Office, other DISW business segments, Marketing, etc.) to solicit feedback, balance competing priorities and better understand stakeholder business requirements
• Continually be up to speed on competitive and ongoing market dynamics and formulate impacts if any to LCS strategy and execution
• Contribute to M&A proposals based on LCS business and strategy goals and ensure we are proactive in identifying symbiotic technology partners
• Work with finance controller on next generation of key revenue/metrics and quarterly reports with emphasis on better understanding of sub-business segment profitability. Includes developing supporting analysis to facilitate various management decisions and trade-offs
• Mentor Portfolio Epic owners so they grow professionally in the ways needed to accelerate the delivery of compelling, holistic product solutions
• Foster a supportive and collaborative environment for planning that spans our global teams
• Support additional processes within LCS that are needed to run our business
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical discipline required
• Must have minimum 10+ years of Enterprise Software and technology experience
• Must have at least 5 years in a leading portfolio or product management role
• Must have strong background in both business and technical roles
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Flexible, team player with a positive attitude towards internal and external customers
• Proven ability to manage complex programs, including execution, implementation and influencing skills. Able to handle many diverse and complex activities in parallel. Must be highly organized with strong follow-up discipline.
• Strong data analysis and data presentation skills
• Must be very familiar with Enterprise Agile and Scrum development practices
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Advanced degree e.g. MBA
• Background in PLM/ALM especially with Teamcenter and/or Polarion software
• Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework for the Enterprise (SAFe) methodology and best practices
• Experience working in discrete manufacturing industry a plus
Job ID: 194667
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.