Consultancy Services Senior Engineer
Does working for an award-winning company that’s at the forefront of innovation and technology, a company that values diversity, embraces flexibility, puts safety in the heart of all we do interest you. Then come and join us at Siemens Mobility Intelligent traffic systems (ITS) we offer all of this, and we are ranked by Glassdoor as one of the top 30 places to work in the UK!
We are looking for a Senior engineer to join our Consultancy Services (CS) team. Consultancy services are an engineering team delivering traffic engineering projects across the UK and internationally with teams based in Belfast, Glasgow, Ashby, Poole and London. We are dedicated to providing a professional approach to diverse transport engineering problems and work with our customers to provide a high quality and reliable service delivering sustainable and innovative solutions.
This role will require you to deliver of a range of traffic engineering projects including - traffic modelling, traffic signal design, MOVA validation and UTC configuration. This is a technical role but also requires liaison one to one with our customer base daily.
Areas of responsibility / tasks
- Deliver a wide range of traffic engineering projects across the UK in accordance with current national/local standards, guidance and best practice
- Deliver traffic engineering projects in accordance with ergonomic, economic and sustainable principles
- Assessment and mitigation of risks associated with traffic engineering projects
- Travel to site visits and customer meetings with overnight stays where appropriate
- Preparation of technical reports and specifications
- Preparation of consultancy/design quotations
- HNC/HND/Degree level in engineering or a related subject is preferred or have relevant experience
- Experience of AutoCAD and KeySignals is desirable for this role
- Knowledge of MOVA and/or SCOOT UTC is preferable
- Experience and knowledge of UTMC would be advantageous
Knowledge & Skills:
- High level of communication skills, both verbal and written, will be necessary as you will be expected to liaise with other parts of the business and with customers
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to achieve objectives with strict deadlines and run your own workload
To have experience in some of the following areas
- Traffic signal design fundamentals and UK standards/specifications
- Traffic engineering software including Linsig, Transyt and AutoCAD with KeySignals
- Knowledge of traffic signal products from across the industry
- UTC systems & SCOOT
- MOVA design & validation
- Microsimulation software including VISSIM and Paramics
- Other traffic systems including UTMC Common Databases and Remote Monitoring
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 194769
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time